1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which AR 15 type rifle?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mille R, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

You would be amazed at the body count of people in that tiny office who are processing those requests. It's sad.

The Hearing Act Bill is a real thing. It's creating quite a buzz in the industry right now. Something to keep in mind; hearing protection companies are awesome and there's some great tech out there, but I wonder if suppressor companies have more money.............

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Considering the hearing protection required for industry as well as shooting I seriously doubt it.

3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I should ad this gun is C3-dealer owned, on a form-3 NFA/SBR

4. SpeedyE

yeah, i know right, lol
    you would think barrel would = brl, but for some reason it is bbl :-/

5. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

True. And since they are involved in a lot of other industries it would make sense that they'd allow a little encroachment into that small segment of their market. One thing to think about; the NRA is backing the bill. They want more people shooting, and if they can make it safer for hearing they'll put some weight behind it.

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Probably comes from the oil industry where they use bbl for Barrels.

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. SpeedyE

I talked to BATF monday and they said I have a form-4 that will be approved the first week of Feb....HK MP5 Navy 'sear' gun. We are broke, so unfortunately we will have to sell it immediately after approval arrives.
    I will shoot it once before I sell it though. I am sad I have to sell it immediately, never even got to enjoy it, but we are on hard times right now.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well honestly I'd think that will all the other typing you wouldn't try to save 3 letters :Poke:

:crackup:

SpeedyE likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah I doubt the ear protection companies would care at all.

10. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

whats a "sear" gun? suck you're down on funds and have to sell it immediately.

SpeedyE likes this.
  11. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

If I had to guess it's a post sample auto sear. Either that or it's a registered auto sear and it'll go for big bucks or about 10k. :D

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Any time I'd say "we" growing up, my stepdad would ask, "What's this We? Have you got a mouse in your pocket?" I'm afraid that if I asked you that, you'd say yes! :D

SpeedyE likes this.
  13. SpeedyE

:D:crackup::D

14. SpeedyE

Pre-86 registered sear-pack.
    Bummed we can't afford to keep it. Imma shoot it before I sell it :clap::D:clap:

15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Would that work with an HK-94?

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. SpeedyE

[​IMG]

This is a HK MP5 sear (image found on google)...the sear is the machinegun and is serial #'d and registered w/ ATF as a mg....the sear drops into a semi-auto (legally). The sear is about the size of a nickle.
    These sears sold for $75 before the 86 machinegun ban.
    Now they are around $30K+/- ..... for a $75 part :rtfrb:

You can thank the NRA and Ronald Reagan for turning a $75 fun part into a $30K peice of steel, or even a legal $750 (1986) Colt M16, into a $25-$30K (2016) gun :mad: !!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    sanee likes this.
  17. SpeedyE

Yup.
    There are no 'real' transferable MP5s.....all were HK94's converted into SBR-sear-host guns, or were converted into registered-receiver guns. But all started life as 94's.

The sear packs are more desirable than a registered reciever, because you can legally move the registered sear from gun to gun....it will fit a HK 94(MP5), 93, 91, 21 etc
    Legal/REGISTERED pre-86 drop in sears for AR15 (not to be confused w/ illegal pre-81 dias) used to cost a couple hundred bucks, in 1994 they were at $750, and now one recently went for $42K (vs $25-$30K for a registered reciever M16). INSANE!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Hollywood likes this.
  18. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I spent the better part of one evening watching YouTube vids of how various sear systems work. If you're not into guns because it's fun to shoot things, you should be into them just for the engineering.

SpeedyE likes this.
  19. SpeedyE

YUP!
    It was all good/affordable fun until the 86 ban. Now it is a rich person's sport/investment.
    You are right, the mechanics of a drop-in sear are very cool! :cool:

From my understanding, the prices went crazy when Forbe's magazine had an artical about mg's/sears limited numbers and increasing demand, and how it was a good $ investment. Once it became an investment, the prices spiked and keep going..... :-/
    Before 1986 anyone who owned an ar15 could fill out a form, attach the $200 tax and send it in to atf....6-8 months later you got permission to legally convert your ar15 into an m16 on your kitchen table. Those days are long gone unfortunately :-/

20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

If anyone needs .22lr AR mags, PM me. I need to get rid of mine.