1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where you gonna travel to when the Wuhan flu allows you?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Mar 23, 2021.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the ones that want that can drive or take another mode of mass transit. Im on test #20 since this drama started... my test sample size is larger than most people why would I bother to be vaccinated if I have no symptoms or positive test results?

SPL170db likes this.
  2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I agree, but thats not how its going to work. Judicial rulings will be based solely on other factors than the facts. And that's as far onto the thin ice as I want to go.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

agree...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Enough guys...

Ducti89 likes this.
  5. Ducti89

Ssshh...here comes the boss!!!

6. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Extended family visits to Louisiana and Michigan so our parents can get some grandkid time. Hopefully some dirty bikes in MI and boats in the bayou.

7. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

July is only time that worked out to be able to take the grandson with us. Not too worried about the heat. We'll dress for it and all of us have a camel back for water. We'd been to Moab back in 2013 and rented a Jeep for a day to explore. Awesome place for sure. That Can Am Spyder will be nice for roaming around the National Parks.

8. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

We're leaning toward heading up that way.

9. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I guess I don't understand the point of the vaccine.

Everyone vaccinated here is still wearing masks.....what was the fucking point

Then I go into Lowes yesterday and now people are wearing their "I got vaccinated buttons"

10. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Flying out to Vegas in June with the wife & kids, rent a car and do a loop around Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, etc. Might try to get out to Seattle to visit family late summer/fall. Honestly, the bug hasn't kept us from doing pretty much anything that we've wanted to do. Took my son to FL in January, hit up Universal for a day, fishing charter, etc. All pretty normal except for the mask thing and some barely enforced distancing "suggestions".

Boman Forklift likes this.
  11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Eh, July isn't that bad, and I've camped in it many times. I was worried about being able to sleep in the heat a couple of times, but it was no problem at all. I did White Rim in July on my Hypermotard in shorts and a tee shirt, camped at Murphy, God that was awesome. You could be the first person to ride a Spyder on the WRT. It is interesting how 93 degrees here will stifle you ass, but in UT at 105 degrees, just find some shade every now and then and you're fine. But last year, it did seem like St. George was hotter that tooling around in the desert. IDK. Be sure to get and use sunBLOCK (Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 100) and a boonie hat (you probably already knew that). The only Park that I go to anymore is Canyonlands because you can find plenty of places that's not overrun by hordes of people, Like the Brex said. You'd have to hold a gun to my head to get me back into Yellowstone, Zion (except the north side! Bring big balls and climb North Guardian Angel), or Arches. The stupid shit ruins such wonderful places. Cap Reef aint too bad or Natural Bridges (rattlers!), even the Dunes. But it still truly amazes me the amount of awesome shit that is off the radar, where you won't see a single other soul. I missed a really cool spot on my bucket list last year. 3 flats and a crapped out compressor was my limit of safety margin, and I turned around.

@acorn27 in Vegas I hired a helo to take us on a picnic inside the GC by the river (on Navaho land). Worth every penny.

acorn27 likes this.
  12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Don't see where she posted. Did I miss her???

Phl218 likes this.
  13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Lies. There is nothing cool whatsoever outside of the NPS. Everyone needs to keep going there and nowhere else.

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'ma go out in my backyard.

Hmmmmmm.... On second thought I am going to do that right now.

With a beer.

Or three.

And my satellite watcher app.

[​IMG]

15. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

You caught me. There's really nothing outside of the NPs worth the gas.

brex likes this.
  16. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Do you have a BUD (Big Ugly Dish)?

Is it still worth having one? Wild feeds still easily viewable?

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

My post was misunderstood.

I like to sit out under a big dark sky and watch the satellites pass by overhead.

And drink beer.

Ducti89 and YamahaRick like this.
  18. Ducti89

I should have specified, not the head boss, the other boss.

19. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

The mask is primarily to prevent infecting others and we're too early in the vaccine rollout to guarantee everyone vaccinated is free of acquiring COVID. If you get it you can transmit it, even if it doesn't make you yourself very sick. If you transmit it to someone not vaccinated yet..that's trouble.

pscook likes this.
  20. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

No shit, really?

jdaniel likes this.