1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to stay in louisville ky?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Mar 6, 2016.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

If you click on that 2nd link it should take you to the truck show website for hotels, then click make resavation.

I see the seelbach has a room but its a single queen. Don't think my customer wants to share a bed. lol

2. assjuice cyrus

Never mind I am an dumbass

3. assjuice cyrus

Got it guys. Just booked on at the Residence inn. Problem was most had 1 bed rooms. This at least has a sofa bed also, so that will be perfect. Its booked. So now what are the good places to hit at night?

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

What do you want to do?

5. assjuice cyrus

Hooker and cocaine duh!!! Lol

Dinner. Places to see some eye candy have a some drinks. Open to any suggestions really

6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Restaurant at 21c.

7. assjuice cyrus

Back at again this year.

Want to stay some place close or on 4th street live? I guess that where all the action is after the sun goes down.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

8. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

What's your budget? 2 recommendations are the Galt House (we are staying there this weekend) and the Hampton a couple blocks away. Hampton is pretty cheap and is a nice stay for a weekend.

9. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I'm thinking about taking the pseudo missus down to Louisville for a coupe nights this summer on the bike. For us that's about 400 miles, and pretty much her limit. Outside of the good info already posted, any other tips?

10. rd400racer

If you're here for the truck show and haven't reserved a room already, you might be screwed. I just passed a couple hotels across from the convention center and they're packed. But if you want to stay close to 4th street, the Seelbach is the best bet. Expect $$$$

Scotty, you could plan your trip around the variety of outdoor concerts on the river which take place during the summer. Other than that, we're just a laid back city that likes to eat and drink. I think I read somewhere that we have more restaurants per capita than any city in the US. Bourbon tours are huge.

11. assjuice cyrus

I noticed this when I started looking at rooms and the dates were all sold out.

I was able to snag a room on 4th street in the Embassy Suites. It looks like its in a good spot and walking distance to the action.

rd400racer likes this.
  12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Trixies on Preston! Seriously... Is the Executive Inn still there?

13. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

lol, that was the first bachelor party I ever planned.

14. rd400racer

Yep, they're both still here. I actually did a project at Trixies (moved walls around and some HVAC stuff) and on top of being excellent payers, they threw a private party for all the guys that were on the crew. Incredibly nice people.

15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

We used to ride our Skateboards over to the Executive Inn when we were 10 and sneak in their Pools to swim.... In the Summer and Winter...

rd400racer likes this.
  16. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I have a houseboat in RiverPark Place Marina in downtown Louisville. If I was planning a bike trip, I would look at the schedule for The Great Lawn and see what is coming up. They have everything from concerts to the Red Bull Flugtag. There is also now a bridge where you can walk across the river from Louisville to Jeffersonville, IN. There are some great bars and restaurants in downtown Jeffersonville (The Red Yeti is my favorite). I'd do that for dinner one night. It would also be fun to ride your bike west down to the McAlpine Lock and Dam. They have a viewing area and you can see the huge barges going through the locks. Bardstown Road is definitely fun.

https://louisvillewaterfront.com/plan-your-visit/calendar/

The calendar is starting to fill in for the year. A lot more events will be added in the near future.

17. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

18. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Commonwealth motorcycles is a cool shop with nice folks and is right near downtown. Go check em out. Also, butcher town is good neighborhood to go get some food and drinks in.

19. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

I stayed at the Brown Hotel on w. Broadway the one time I went to the MATS. It's a 15 minute drive to the expo center, but all the decent places near the airport and expo center fill up pretty fast for that event. One time was enough for me and I doubt that I'll be going back.

Pretty nice place, but it wasn't cheap to stay there. I don't recall the cost but I think it was around $300 per night. It has two restaurants and a bar.

If hookers and blow are what you desire, head over to Fern Valley Road. It's ghetto as hell. Initially I had a reservation at the Days Inn, but I knew that I didn't want to stay there once I was within a half mile of the place. There were hookers in the parking lot, a drug dealer driving an old Caprice on 24s and it was within walking distance of a Whitecastle and Waffle House. It was like a smorgasbord of poor life choices on one street.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Days Inn on Fern Valley? I'll keep that in mind :crackup:

For the White Castle and Waffle House but still, good to know :D