1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where to get this stand?

Discussion in 'General' started by gnu427, Dec 3, 2007.

1. gnu427

gnu427 Well-Known Member

where can you get this front stand that goes on the side of the bike? or what's the name of it?

[​IMG]

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You have a one off made. RaceDad could probably make you one up if you have dimensions.

3. gnu427

gnu427 Well-Known Member

i see all the pro's use this on there bikes on the grid

4. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

john linder has one similar to that one, he said arnchu made it for him. it was a pretty cool design.

5. icantslowdown

icantslowdown Well-Known Member

I can't get a good view from that pic, does it go under the triple?

6. snikwad

snikwad Well-Known Member

no there is a hole through the frame infront of the engine, if i remember right.
    gimme a sec to find a pic.

7. snikwad

See the little hole in the side?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I've made a few very simalar, but they get pricey w/ the alum and bearings and the long SS rod. I had to charge around $1000 for the last one i made. W/ the part that mounts to the motor. Mine can lift from both sides of the bike too.

9. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

Dude, I didn't even see a bike in that second photo. :D

10. Tornacl

Tornacl 1teampolevault

You mount a tube on the front side of the motor between the headers and the motor. The really nice ones are crazy expensive, I remember Graves quoting about $1200 for the stand and receiver tube:eek: but they were kind enough to let us borrow one set up for the 05 GNF endurance race.I really do believe that we would not have been able to win the overall without that stand that year and it also helped that Vesrah crashed also.You could contact Mark or Nancy Junge from Vesrah and possibly get some contact info for the people that make the ones they use too.:up:

11. Tornacl

Tornacl 1teampolevault

The quick change stuff you see on those bikes is pretty cool stuff once you see it in action. It reminds me of the good ole days of the Daytona 200 when the superbikes did it.

12. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

go to this link

http://moto-works.bravejournal.com/

scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, it will take you a while.
    Once at the bottom, count up 13 pics. One of these stands is in the pic at the right margin.

13. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

www.r-r-racing.com talk to Brett. He was making them for a while.

Get ready to drop a grand...

14. Hawk0589

Hawk0589 One Armed Bandit

Got any pics of just the umbrella girls?
    :D

15. tito

tito Well-Known Member

Does anyone have plans (or blueprints) to make one? I would love to see how it is done! and I have a buddy who love to weld!

16. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

yeh all eyes on legs :Poke:

17. snikwad

18. Hawk0589

Hawk0589 One Armed Bandit

Kewl! thanks dude. :>)

19. 713

713 Well-Known Member

I have some similar stands for sale if anyone is interested. They were made for a sv650 but could be modified to fit other bikes. I can send pics if interested.

Thanks John Linder
    [email protected]

20. gnu427

gnu427 Well-Known Member

i emailed you