1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is the Motegi thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Oct 12, 2016.

1. ms.madman

ms.madman Well-Known Member

Bahahaha!

2. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

umm..... what were the odds of that?? damn.

4. ms.madman

ms.madman Well-Known Member

Smoke the tire.! Don't see that often anymore with the engine limits.

5. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

only when lorenzo wanted to help 93 win the title :D

Phl218 likes this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Da new champ!

[​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  7. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

maverick taking a real long look at the HRC shenanigans. bet your life he celebrates like that more than a couple times

8. caferace

caferace No.

Repsol was ready.

repsol.jpg

-jim

9. Jay Hodge

Jay Hodge Well-Known Member

This is most excellent

Shyster d'Oil likes this.
  10. caferace

caferace No.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    JORGE LORENZO
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I‘m very disappointed, because I made a mistake. I tried to push too much when the bike was not working well with the tyres. In Aragón we made a good decision with the tyres and this time it was the opposite. We chose the wrong front tyre, with the soft I think I would have made a better race, because my front tyre on the first laps was vibrating and closing. I didn‘t have a good feeling, that‘s why I couldn‘t keep up with the pace of Marquez. Finally, because Dovizioso was coming, I pushed more than before in that corner and the front tyre didn‘t give me any support or feedback and I crashed. It‘s a pity, because I think we had the potential to fight for the victory with the right front tyre, but it was impossible today and we lost a great opportunity to be second in the championship. I want to congratulate Marquez because he didn‘t have an advantage from his bike this year and he was the most consistent rider, so he deserves this championship.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    VALENTINO ROSSI
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First of all, I would like to say that I‘m OK, fortunately no problems. On the other hand it‘s a shame because I was quite strong and I had a good pace. Unfortunately my start was not fantastic and I lost a position to Marquez and Lorenzo. After that, Marquez was a bit faster than me to overtake Lorenzo, I lost a bit more time behind him, but the pace was good. I was able to push a lot to try and catch Marquez but unfortunately I lost the front. Sincerely, I felt nothing like going into the corner too wide or too deep, but I lost the front and logically I made a mistake.

[​IMG]

-jim
    [​IMG]

11. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Well, this thread sure is quiet this morning.

Phl218 and throwdown like this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Mourning morning. :)

13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

#giveme5
    Probably quiet cause only us true fans watched it live :)
    Congrats to Marquez. Kid destroyed them this year. Hopefully Pedrosa heals up quickly. Bring Nicky over to Phillip Island and boot Aoyama.

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Eh, there's really nothing to say. Championships over, and beating up on a has been got old a few years ago.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

We're not going to have the talks about the fastest/ most deserving rider not being the champ this year.

Quicktoy, crashman and Phl218 like this.
  16. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Sounds like the Yamaha boys are having "feel" issues with the front. Maybe they're experiencing a return to the traditional "grip, grip, grip, gone" Michelin days of old :Poke::D

crashman, SamG and Quicktoy like this.
  17. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

First of all, major Congrats to MM; one hell of a season for the lad.... :beer: :clap::bow:

But, DAMMM, the crashes - seems like *everybody* was down this weekend - and the guy that looks to be crashing most every corner keeps it up and wins the WC... Good on him... :cool:

Me thinks Michelin folks need to work on that front. :eek:

18. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

It's been an odd year. Tires above all, have been the biggest wildcard all season. Marquez showed great intelligence and patience in his approach to this season and clearly deserved the title. Yamaha are having huge issues with the tires and rumor has it that their bike will get a huge rework for next season, not just minor tweaks, to better deal with their tire issues. Only battle left is Rossi/Lorenzo and I have no idea which way that'll go.

S Tsotsoros likes this.
  19. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

It's more like those Michelin tires are shit and have been all year. Have any of you seen the tires from today's race? Remember AI's tire from a few races ago. Here is MM's front.

Attached Files:

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I hope he got max points in qualifying. :D