1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where I spent Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, Nov 25, 2018.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I spent Thanksgiving at my wife's sister's now-closed B&B in Bedford PA. The building started as a two-story log cabin which later had a log addition added to one end and later still, a Federal-style brick addition put on the other end. It's a fascinating building inside and out.
    There are large back porches on both ground and second floors, and on the second-floor porch, my BIL removed the siding so you can see the original logs. It's like a living museum.
    They want to retire as both are over 70 and it's a lot of work, so it's on the market if anyone is interested in running a B&B.

This is the second-story porch.

LOG CABIN 4.jpg

I love how they reused logs to close up the window. You can also see the brick facing they put on the log cabin parts when they added the brick addition to the front. The back walls weren't faced with brick.

LOG CABIN 3.jpg

This is where the addition was married to the original cabin, new construction is to the right.

LOG CABIN 5.jpg

LOG CABIN 1.jpg

The window is in the original building, the door is in the addition.

LOG CABIN 2.jpg

This is the back of the building, the porch is where you see the white railings.

LOG CABIN 6.jpg

ToofPic likes this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Cool place. Where's the bar? ;)

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

is that brick tied into the log cabin?
    Interesting construction.

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

How much are they asking?

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Not sure why, but I thought this thread would be about jail.

BigBird, cha0s#242, 5axis and 4 others like this.
  6. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Only if it had been posted by MH.

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Mikes going into Real Estate sales. This post sshould be in the Other section of the Classifieds area. Mods please move accordingly.