1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When does the 2017 Season start

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Prodigy The Epyon Pilot, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Prodigy The Epyon Pilot

Prodigy The Epyon Pilot Sir John Hampton 728

when does the 2017 season start???...I am moving back from hawaii to race a season before I head to Japan...but because of the lengthy shipping process from hawaii to mainland for my bike I need to know when the season starts...and also if im allowed to race in more than one class, with different bikes for the season or not

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

When its posted on the Wera schedule page ( http://maps.wera.com/schedule/?x=1098 ). The dividing line for Wera really is the Grand National Finals which was just a few weeks ago. The west coast guys start pretty early in the year, for the rest of us we have to wait until winter is over, and stuff will start in late February or early March for the rest of us.

You can race in as many classes as you have bikes eligible for. Last year I ran three different bikes in 8 classes at one time or another.

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Where will you be living in the States? I think wera west starts in January. Southeast region generally starts in February at little Tally

4. Prodigy The Epyon Pilot

@Shenanigans I will be in North Carolina...and @JBall sheesh you were racing! lol but thanks for answering my question

Shenanigans likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

First in the Southeast/Mid Central will be Talladega February 11-12.

6. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Hey Sean, quick question; is it better to go to birmingham and cut east to avoid atlanta traffic or just take 20 through atlanta?

Im coming from the northeast as a point of reference.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Where in the NE?

When we go up to VIR we go through town and up 85 but as far up as Summit I go up through Knoxville then 81 up.

So basically anything North and East of say Charlotte I'd come down to I 40 and take it to Knoxville then 75 to to Chattanooga, take 24 the short hop to 59, that down to 459 around Birmingham and down to 20. The track is right where 459 and 20 meet, first exit to the east.

8. Ducti89

Delaware, Wilmington to be exact.

The roads you mention, are they riddled with red lights or pretty much highway?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Everything I mentioned is interstate. But I did brain fart and was thinking Birmingham for Barber. Talladega isn't much different you just get off 59 earlier up in Gadsden.

From Wilmington I'd go 95s to 66w to 81s to 40w to 75s to 24w to 59s to either 77 or 431 and then south to eventually Hwy 21 and the track. I'd have to do more research on which of those is easier to run with less lights. Probably 77 since you wouldn't go through Anniston or Oxford. However it would be some back roads from I-20 to the track which could be iffy depending on your vehicle.

10. Ducti89

Thank you for the game plan. Ill research around it. I only have a truck and a 6x12 so its nothing monstrous.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Easy enough then.

12. Prodigy The Epyon Pilot

@Mongo quick question!!!!...so im having problems with my shipping company on basically getting my stuff (bikes etc) back mainland in time for the start of the season...it isnt any penalty for missing the 1st race beside being behind on race pts is there????

13. JBall

No penalty except points. Most people cannot run a full schedule because of those pesky issues such as jobs, family life, money, etc.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What Joe said, nothing but missed points which can usually be made up. Since it's club racing it's rare for anyone to make every single event, hobbies occasionally take a backseat to real life :D

15. Prodigy The Epyon Pilot

Ahhh ok got it!...my shipping company had all my dates for april instead of feb so now im running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get my bike shipped off this rock lol...thanks guys! see yal soon!

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

To quote the greatest book ever written - Don't Panic.

britx303, javyday and JBall like this.
  17. Prodigy The Epyon Pilot

18. JBall

And bring your towel.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Always.

Is it just me or is it a little freaky how much a smartphone is like the Guide?

JBall likes this.
  20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

77 is a good road except going through Rainbow City where there was construction. I think that is done now though. However once you cross I20 the side roads over to Munford are super dodgy and I would avoid them (might even weight limit out some RVs). I would consider going east on I20 then back west rather than the back roads off of 77.

Going that way avoids Gadsen, Oxford and Anniston :beer: