1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When does the 2017 Season start

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Prodigy The Epyon Pilot, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Thanks. Lots of traffic in Gadsen O-ford and Anniston?

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Lots of stop lights where 77 is fairly clear sailing. Two lane but not horrible traffic once you get by Rainbow city. I used to take the 28' RV there without a trailer often to go to Shocco Springs to race the dog. We have not run there in a while though and the new motorhome is 35' with nice cruise control so I go down I65 then across I20 instead of over Grant Mountain (north of where you would join things).

3. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I see, Sheep. I think that route is just a bit outside of my driving envelope. The atlanta route says 12hrs and change. Your route is near 14 and both routes are without stopping.

sheepofblue likes this.
  4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

It was kind of aimed at Mongo saying he wondered about 77 though anyone else it helps is all the better

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds good to me. I've done the run from Munford to 20 but it's been almost 30 years. I'd never take the RV through there but his truck/trailer combo should work fine. Actually talked to Bruner about that route at the GNF, evidently it's all paved and the bridges aren't wood and all kind of cool stuff :D

Good to know about 77 overall too for riders coming from up North. 431 is how we'd get down there from Cincy.

6. Prodigy The Epyon Pilot

Prodigy The Epyon Pilot Sir John Hampton 728

Hey @Mongo I am about to submit my Wera Roadracing Membership Form...but where do I fax or email it to?...and how do I know what I qualify for as far as New Racer Incentive Program????

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you've never raced with WERA before it's $75 for your first year membership. If you've never raced at all and do your first two with us you get free transponder rental those weekends.

Fax is 770-720-5015, email is [email protected].

8. Prodigy The Epyon Pilot

cool thanks!...will be sending my info over in aprox an hr! @Mongo

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll get it but it won't be processed until Monday (or maybe after we get back from NOLA, not sure on the bosses plans) :D

10. Prodigy The Epyon Pilot

11. Prodigy The Epyon Pilot

How do you get into the National Challenge Series????...are novice open to race this?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You just show up and run the classes you're legal for and want to run.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Check the rulebook for the list of National classes.

14. Prodigy The Epyon Pilot

ok got it!...by the way I sent in all my info I believe this weekend!

15. Prodigy The Epyon Pilot

ok actually nvm, I forgot a scan of my certificate, sending now

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No worries, we're taking the long way to NOLA this weekend so nothing will be processed until next week anyway.

17. Prodigy The Epyon Pilot

18. Prodigy The Epyon Pilot

does it matter which transponder I buy?...or are there rentals to use the weekend?...

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We do have rentals - if you buy one it needs to be an AMB TranX 260 or their new X2 motorcycle model. The old ones need to be red in color and the X2 you need has a red stripe. If you do buy new, get your AMA membership first - it saves you 20%.

20. Prodigy The Epyon Pilot

Already have my AMA, just waiting on my card to show up in the mail...I printed the temp one tho and ok ill do a little research on rather to buy or rent...THANKS!