1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel ID

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by chobes, Sep 23, 2021.

1. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

I received a lead on a set of aftermarket wheel for F2/F3, but can't figure out for the life of me who the manufacturer is. Anybody here know who made these wheels?

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 4.26.24 AM.png

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

looks like PM
    I dont recall any other spun wheels for that vintage

chobes likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd go with PM too.

chobes likes this.
  4. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

PM Chicane (Performance Machine), Street version made with the thicker aluminum and wider openings.

chobes likes this.
  5. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. Did the street version of the Chicane come as a 6-spoke?

6. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Found it, PM Cyclone

PM_Cyclone.jpeg

7. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

The 'Street' versions had a thicker spun aluminum and wider spacing between 'spokes'..like those.
    The 'Race' versions were very thin aluminum and subsequently very little spacing (more mass to make up for the lighter wheel.) I forgot he even made the Cyclone's,,those are pretty rare,, Check for cracks where the hoop meets the spoke, very prone to it..
    Race on left,,Street on right.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    chobes likes this.
  8. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Thanks. The ones I'm looking at are definitely the street version. Little to no information on them online in my searches so far, anybody have an idea what a reasonable price for those are?