1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's the smallest 12v battery you can get

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Royale w/cheese, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Royale w/cheese

Royale w/cheese Well-Known Member

for a bike? and can you cut off the big ugly battery box on a cb350 and still be legal?

2. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

you can eliminate the battery and box and still be legal [magneto] I just put a 8.5 ah battery in Jesse's 350gp bike because the 6.0 ah one I had before was only just barely good for 2 practice sessions [total loss ignition]

3. ROSKO

ROSKO the dirty Knacker

I ran a points based total-loss system all last year with no issues on a 12v 3ah sealed scooter battery.

4. Tinfoil hat charly

whoa: I had a probe electronic with big dyna coils running .035" plug gap: I wonder if my system was just using mega current or if my battery sucked

5. onefastgs500

onefastgs500 Well-Known Member

we used emergency back-up lighting(exit signs) batteries from home depot-they're small -sealed 12volt units -would run our clubman bikes (total loss)all day(and they are cheap)

6. sqrly

sqrly Registered Squirrel

How do you do the magneto set-up? I am in the process of building a Yamaha DS-7

7. TrayDawg

TrayDawg Hawaiian Tropic Model

I don't have a clue, but...

SmokeSignalRT (Jason) on here can probably help you out. He owns Batteries Plus and is very knowledgeable(when it comes to batteries, women, well that's another story)!:beer:

He hooked me up on my R6 with a smaller light weight unit.:up:

8. Tinfoil hat charly

If you are an electrical wizard you can build one out of the bike's own charging system like Gordon Jennings' CYCLE article in 1969 on a CB450--I'm not a wizard and THR offers a PVL for my CB350 so I bit the bullet and ordered one.....