1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you build id you had more time, or money?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by dave3593, Sep 14, 2023.

1. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Reroute the clutch cable and a little chain lube, he coulda got $75.

rd400racer likes this.
  2. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

I would build a no holds barred RC51 with all the juicy parts I could throw at it. I loved that bike even though it was a heavy poor handling pig.

mattys281-2 likes this.
  3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Well shiiit if you’re going to throw that down, than I see your rc51 build and go all in with a Yosh built TLR1000

4. gsrichxr

gsrichxr Active Member

TLR would be tasty. I’ve seen the only non kit built, non bitsa, surviving factory TLR. Crevier’s bike more of a bitsa than one straight off the track according to info from inside Yosh. They are trick.
    Nothing close to production on them, and next to nothing findable for them because of the short track life. With the demise of the Yosh/Suzuki team, the Crevier’s likely in Japan by now, saved from the crusher by the race team after its demise.
    I have a single works injector for one that came with the dry clutch parts I have and have seen a body set that came off Pegram’s bike that shares a garage with a very clean, nicely outfitted street bike.

emry likes this.
  5. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Your wife is already a better build than you could improve on. I would gladly contribute if she wants to build a new YOU

long time bud, hope you are well

6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Rc 30,or 45,but I would prefer to find one already molested.

7. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Good News! There's one on Iconic that is definitely not stock. And definitely has more things going on than whats in the ad.

ToofPic likes this.
  8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

9. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I saw that,then spent hrs looking at previously sold bikes!Talk about going down a rabbit hole!

10. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

I'd just buy a Paton 500. Well two actually, an old one and a new one. :)

CharlieY, CBRRRRR999 and Robin172 like this.
  11. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

What later TZ cylinders would fit on an RZ250? All later TZ's are case reeded.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  12. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Sick stuff
    Sick stuff ! Alot of it's in So Cal. Screenshot_20231013-103454.png
    Screenshot_20231013-103437.png Screenshot_20231013-103501.png

Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
    Banditracer and ToofPic like this.
  13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

One four valve and one eight valve?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
    yamageezer likes this.
  14. Roger Baker

Roger Baker Well-Known Member

R1 powered R7. The original R7 not the twin.

15. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Fair point, I thought they went to cylinder reed til 89.

16. Yamaha Fan

The first case reed TZ was the 85 N model, The last forward-facing TZ was the 87 T model, the 88- 90 were reverse cylinders, and the 91 was the first V-twin. There are a lot of great after-market bolt-on options for the RZ from stock displacement up to 441 cc's and up to 500cc's with machine work

17. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I would build a supermono from a Ducati 1299 motor.:D

18. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Nice. I remember reading about Tularis. Whatever happened to that bike?

19. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

I have and had CPI cylinder stuff , I really wanted an all Yamaha throwback. I don't think an all TZ build would be much more expensive than some of the cheetahs I've seen.

20. Yamaha Fan

The first Gen TZ's (1973-1980) engines are the exact same outside profile as the RDlc and the RZ's the difference is the motor mounts, it would not be difficult to setup an RZ chassis to take the TZ motor. I have a close ration dry clutch RZ transmission (brand new) and for a reasonable sum you can get a set of banshee cylinders (non PV) ported to put you in the mid 80's HP range, I have the pipe specs, it is the most loginal thing to make a TZ replica from. In the alternative, I have a 26J (83) TZ250 complete with a NOS chassis, Swingarm, and shock, with the balance of the parts including a couple of wheel choices to assemble a real TZ that I would part with.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.