1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was your favorite and least favorite parts from your GNF?

Discussion in 'General' started by Huey130, Oct 28, 2014.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yes that's what happened.

2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Wow man, not cool .
    Sorry to hear this. :down:

3. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I guess the paddock is now the 'hood. No more leaving the RV unlocked, keys in the bike, etc. I will carry the yellow tape to mark my pit boundary from now on and will carry my taser. If I don't know you, don't cross the line. And my taser is set on 'shit yo self.'

4. bj

bj Well-Known Member

Good: The track, hanging with the fast guys, seeing friends, new and old.

Bad: Bad? What bad?

5. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

No keys for bikes here, the keys for the trailer padlocks but I don't believe my keys coming up missing are related to the bike key coming up missing

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I can honestly say the environment in the paddock wasn't like I thought it would be. I met a few friendly faces but mostly people were not that inviting and friendly. I also offered my help to group of folks across the way rebuilding an SV at night (either thursday or Friday night). I told them I had enough SV parts to help them out. All of them gazed at me and didn't say a word. My wife and I were like "OK?". and just rode away on the scooter.

7. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

The vibe in the paddock varies from weekend to weekend. The SE rounds are usually very chill, but at the GNF you'll see a heightened level of uncertainty with people because most of us haven't seen each other all year like we do in our regions.

Some people are just rude, while others are just new or shy. Also, the GNF usually brings out the seriousness in everyone.

For those of you still leaving your trailers unlocked, or the keys in your bikes... you're asking to be victims. We all have waaaaaay too much money invested in our gear, and pits to be naive about protecting it.

Plus, we get a lot of spectators at the track that I certainly don't trust.

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

^ that's why you need dogs :D

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Kinda related, maybe not.

Wera racer Shannon Norris was instructing at Nola this weekend when our "suspect" pitted next to him.

Suspect does 2 sessions then abruptly leaves.
    Shannon goes out 3 session to find his bike completely awkward.

Comes in and 1 fork is all the way in, then other is all the way out and shock spring is all the way out and stabilizer is turned to "zero"

I thought it was BS too but kinda funny that suspect left while Shannon was on track wondering what the hell is wrong with his bike...

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

or a fork wielding wife

11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

What is the motive for that activity? Were they on the same grid? Do they wanna see someone hurt? WTF?

12. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

We need to know who this is! This was an STT track day, not a race! Why the hell would someone be doing crap like this?

STT will be at Road Atlanta this weekend (as will I) and I definitely don't want to be pitting next to this goober!

13. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

i suspect this was an STT track day, so who knows what the motive is. may be he is just d-bag.. i really hope he doesn't show up at RA this weekend.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

+1

i will bring the wife, a fork , a secret camera and a dog.

15. CarrMoto

CarrMoto Well-Known Member

So...........uh.......... who is this guy?

16. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

While I tend to avoid joining the mob mentality, and pitchfork parties we should all know who the person is, so we're able to avoid them.

I realize this person may or may not be guilty, but at least we'd all know that there's some suspicion of wrong doing and we can keep an eye out.

This is why my bikes are always in the trailer at night, and we lock errathang up between sessions.

Robby, is this your texting buddy, who suddenly developed a hatred for his quickshifter at Barber?

17. Robby-Bobby

The guy I and several other are referring to is Clarence Randall.

He's been banned from local groups, banned from TDJ, and he and Shannon have a history of picking at each other.

I have also done my fair share of text arguing, Facebook arguing as well but when things started to get really serious and shit was tampered, stolen, or anything else I'd consider "too far" I confronted him and got threats of suing by slander, and his marine buddy.

Needless to say, I don't need any legal trouble and don't need to defend myself physically, so I've since gotten a no contact order which goes to court this wed.

It's really weird because dude can be 100%ok one minute then flip the fuck out and go crazy the next.

I have no rock solid proof of anything other than lots of circumstances that are weird.

5-6am texts
    Tires stolen
    Suspension adjusted
    Bike keyed
    The list goes on and there seems to be a common denominator.

Keep yourselves safe folks!

18. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

THIS! I am actually bringing the wife down AND our two Huskies. Apparently, not just for a fun, family outing, but to help watch over our stuff!

Thanks for the Info!

19. Robby-Bobby

20. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

The dude needs to be banned. There is no room in the community for a douche bag like this.