1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do in California

Discussion in 'General' started by HenryZX6R, Jun 26, 2013.

1. HenryZX6R

HenryZX6R Well-Known Member

In Oakland and San Diego for the next two weeks. No idea where/what to do, other than beat the piss out of this CTS-V rental car. Help? I know there is a TD at Laguna Monday, but locating a bike to rent is painful.

2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I'll be in San Diego on Friday :D

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Tattoo your face.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

You have a CTS-V as a rental...that's pretty Awesome!! I heard there's a few roads that you can use that on :D

5. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Get married to whomever you want.

6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

That sounds pretty dungeony

7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

While in Oaktown, go to Le Cheval downtown for about the finest Vietnamese food this side of Saigon.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I know Extreme Motorcycle Rentals will be at the AutoClub event June 28,29,30 which is in S. Cal. 1.877.226.0503 ask for Brad and tell him Rob Linders sent you to him, he will hook you up.

Since we aren't using them, I would have rented you one of our bikes, but they are on a truck somewhere back east. :)

This is the stuff I see listed and I put what part of the state they are in for you.

Friday, June 28, 2013 - Auto Club Speedway - Fastrack s.cal
    Friday, June 28, 2013 - Sonoma Raceway - Pacific Track Time n.cal
    Saturday, June 29, 2013 - Big Willow - Motoyard s. cal
    Saturday, June 29, 2013 - Auto Club Speedway - Fastrack n.cal
    Sunday, June 30, 2013 - Auto Club Speedway - Fastrack n.cal

Monday, July 1, 2013 - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Keigwin n.cal
    Thursday, July 4, 2013 - Thunderhill Park - Zoom Zoom n.cal
    Friday, July 5, 2013 - Thunderhill Park - Zoom Zoom n.cal
    Saturday, July 6, 2013 - Buttonwillow Raceway Park - Keigwins central cal
    Sunday, July 7, 2013 - Buttonwillow Raceway Park - Keigwins central cal
    Sunday, July 14, 2013 - Buttonwillow Raceway Park - Ti2TT central cal
    Monday, July 15, 2013 - Thunderhill Park - Zoom Zoom n. cal

9. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

Renmt a street bike and spend two weeks exploring. Holy shit, what an opportunity!

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Head from SD to Tijuana to see a donkey show.

11. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I'll bet you could get a ninja 250, paging Brian Bartlow.

12. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

San Diego Zoo
    Point Loma
    USS Midway Museum
    Drive up the Coast and stop along the way. There are many areas with hiking trails along the cliffs or just walk the beach.

If you're into DDD there are many places in that area. Hodads Restaurant has a good burger and The Broken Yolk Cafe in Pacific Beach has really good Breakfast.

If you are a Bourbon drinker go to the Starlite in Mission Hills and order a Kentucky Colonel. It's a play on a Dark and Stormy only better....

13. HenryZX6R

HenryZX6R Well-Known Member

Trying to do the Laguna day on the 1st, but don't want to register and then be out a bike. Will trade CTS-V for bike! I'll give your buddy call! Thanks

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

If you wanna rent a street bike while in the bay area look up dubbleju moto rentals and roll down the coast to big sur or up north to point reyes.

Take that CTS out to the desert west of san diego near el centro and let er rip!..... Then go check out Dave K at the donkey show. Say hi to lucky for me.

15. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

The train leaves from the Padres park and goes straight to Tijuana. Don't go there. And don't ask me how I know.

16. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I rented a bike last month from Dubbleju on caferace's recommendation. Good people. Some local friends and I went up to Bodega Bay and used some fun back roads on the way to and from.

17. caferace

caferace No.

Stoked you had a good time. If you make it back out come visit me and the Gal and I'll buy you a beer. Up near Tahoe. :up:

-jim

18. cpettit

That is a great ride! I love going up there for bbq oysters and then along the russian river to healdsburg for some wine!!

19. caferace

caferace No.

I lived in Guerneville on the Russian River for two years. Massively wide, sweeping corners. So tempting but also daunting as speeds meant slow things suddenly appearing in front of you.

Now, I live in the Sierra foothills. Not far away is a little stretch of highway called 174. A proper TT course. :D

-jim

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  20. cpettit

I love guerneville, i could live there (though if i were rich my choice would be healdsburg). You ever go north on 1 and then east on skaggs spring road to the Sonoma reservoir over the mountains? That's a fkin crazy one, even in a car!