1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the hell is up with used truck prices?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, May 8, 2021.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow I need to quit busting my halls so hard trying to sell forklifts and sell pickups on the side. What prices are you paying and selling and what years are you looking for?

2. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Buy $2-4k. Sell x2.
    Just got that jeep couple days ago, keeping that one. Full restore and drive around.

Attached Files:

3. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

My brother just traded in his 2019 Silverado Trail Boss. With 23000kms. They were going to give him a 2021 version AND $800. They paid him to buy a new truck after driving the old 1 for 14months

lopitt85 likes this.
  4. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

It’s crazy. Sold my ‘12 Denali 1500 to a dealership and they were asking $25k for it (I had bought it 5 years earlier for $23k).

Boats are even worse right now. And houses...

5. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

2500s are big demand in CNY. I got my 2020
    Chevy in November ‘19 before all this nonsense hit. Paid a touch under 50 but I bet I could get all of 45 for it now. And the red I have is the only one of that color I’ve seen on the road anywhere in a year and a half.

1F467B0A-5AEE-423E-B575-0EA460786AA8.jpeg

bleacht likes this.
  6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

+1 I had a deal on the table for a new 2019 Ram 2500,4x4, 6.4 , CC, for $34k....at the end of 2019. Who knew what was about to happen a few months later. Snooze ya looze apparently.

7. 418

418 Expert #59

I think you guys are late to the party. I'm already seeing the used in GA level off for the lower end stuff. The stuff that is priced stupid is sitting.

I did notice driving around that dealers in the midwest are stupid low on inventory.

I'd wait around for winter to buy anything. By then the supply should be up and demand down.

8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Dude if you can afford to lose it for a bit, list it for $60k and see if you have any bites. :D

9. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Medium sized dealership around the corner from me has had a nearly empty new truck lot for months. Anytime they do get new trucks in, they’re sold by the time they get off the transport.

418 likes this.
  10. 418

418 Expert #59

I really think it's just heavy duty trucks, I've heard that F150s are plenty.

Because you're not a man's man unless you're driving a HD.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    Phl218 and bleacht like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd love to trade the WERA Dodge on something but anything I could use is what no one has :crackup:

12. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Um , have you seen the price of a 2x4 ? How else you gonna carry it !

Phl218, Photo and t11ravis like this.
  13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Got a sight unseen killer trade on my F350 last week. Saw yesterday that they have it listed for $1K less than what I paid for it 6 years ago!
    Unreal.

Phl218 and 418 like this.
  14. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

:crackup:

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I have a solution. Stop putting so many fuckin computers in trucks. Won't need semiconductors, carburetors and crank windows and crank them out. :D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Is there an app on my fucking phone for those ?? :crackup:

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Lumber, cement, used pick up trucks, town houses, lower and mid priced bicycles and dirty bikes. . .

With pick ups it's cheaper to buy new, if you're not picky and will take what's on the lot. Forget getting an SUV or Jeep around here.

Oh, buy guns, ammo and freeze dried foods, full sized pick ups are the new milf and asian drivers vehicle of choice around here lately. They are the "in thing."

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

So it's pick-up truck envy that started this whole Asian thing ??

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think it's a combo of "what you can get now" and $60K plus loaded F150s super luxury pick 'em ups.

Plus you can smash 'em and keep going. lol!

Sabre699 likes this.