1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What services do you tip for?

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Nov 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tipping servers/bartenders does make sense too, if you spend more they have to work more so should make more.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

But if you order expensive wine with your plate of pasta instead of water, your waiter gets paid more for the same amount of work.

Tipping is more about tradition than logic.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

True, certain things you wouldn't go for a pure percentage on. Also don't tip on tax. And don't order wine at restaurants, you're getting screwed big time :D

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You couldn't pay me to drink that foul beverage at home. I'm not going to buy it in a restaurant. :D

StaccatoFan and BigBird like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: It's okay to cook with on occasion but that's about it.

6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

So... definitely not French.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not all French have bad taste in their choice of drink :D

StaccatoFan likes this.
  8. dsapsis

Name me one good French bier. I double dare you!
    (they do, however, make tasty cidre)

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why would I even try French beer? Germany is like right next door.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yes, and I wouldn't drink cooking oil out of a glass either. :D
    Origin doesn't make one bit of difference to me. You can pour it straight into the sink with the wine, unless you are somehow cooking with it.

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

When a leper hires a hooker, he leaves the tip.

motoracer1100 and jrsamples like this.
  12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc, a French wheat beer, is awesome. The rest is pretty much ze caca. Belgium has the best beers on earth.

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Reported.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  14. dsapsis

Not had it, but awesome? I'll take your word for it. Sounds like a wit variant.

15. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

T’was merde bier to me.

And notice @Phl218 isn’t part of this conversation. Because foreigners don’t tip.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

I think there’s one or two good beers in France. And no I wouldn’t tip the French. And in germany, if the bill is 28.70 you make it 29.50. That’s generous, because you didn’t make it 29.00

Here I do 15-20% for service, 5-10% for pickup.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I tip for those in jobs that don't make minimum wage and have to rely on them. Now, with that being said, it does not mean an automatic tip...if you are in a service type job and are complete crap or don't care...you are not getting a tip. You are still having to earn that paycheck...

18. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

wow....I've never noticed that. I usually don't read those and just compute my own anyway, but that is scummy.

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

usually on parties of 6 or more. My favorite... bottle service with $1500 minimums...lol. You keep a bottle on the table.
    $50 bottle of booze plus $10 worth of mixers... nice margins to fleece tourists. Inevitably you get drunk girls coming by pouring themselves a drink... itd be cheaper to give em a $50 and send them packing. :)

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!