1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What plane did I just see?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, May 2, 2024.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I still want to see the XB 70 in that place

2. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

It's amazing, as is the B36....indoors!!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow, I haven't been there since the late 80's. Really need to go back but my normal traveling partner sucks at going to museums, seems to think they're a sprint race not an endurance...

4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I went to the museumwith my wife, my brother and his wife. We were less than 50 ft into the first gallery before my wife and his wife were 50 ft in front of us and moving fast. We didn't see them again until we were entering the WWII airplane section and they were leaving it and they needed the car keys. We didn't see them again until they were ready to leave. They had seen everything including the Air Force One exhibit and the spacecraft. My brother and I were just entering the Korean war section.
    We all had a good time since the wimmenz were able to go together at their own speed and my brother and I didn't get nagged at.
    P.S. They have the Air Force themed OCC chopper there. It is hideous.

5. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

Took my 7 year old son to Wright Patt. in Dayton just a couple weeks ago. Hadn't been in 38 years or so. Like others said, didn't have nearly enough time to see everything. Took tons of pics, they had a beautiful Connie, right next to it, Air Force one that Johnson was sworn in on. That was pretty cool to see and walk though. Of course, my son was most interested in the dinosaur exhibit in the very last hangar. lol

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Perhaps we should double date and trade spouses for the daytime hours. Mine will diddle daddle over boring-ass shit all day while I want to roll through commando style and get to the next spot.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: All depends on where we are for Evelyne. Museums she's jogging, shopping she'll spend hours.

auminer likes this.
  8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Fortunately for me mine's more of a tightwad than I am. And that's saying a lot!

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh she's cheap, she likes shopping not buying :D