1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is wrong with you people!? No Happy birthday to the GOAT

Discussion in 'General' started by Crybaby™, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Nope. Because my opinion is fact and your opinion is wrong :D

Razr likes this.
  2. Not a fair comparison at all. For the record, I loved Favre (except for the backasswards spelling of his last name, that shit still aggravates the hell out of me), he was my favorite player, and I have met him personally on multiple occasions (he lives less than 2 miles from my dad).

BUT, Rossi is still winning races, landing on pole's, and setting lap records.

Favre was the equivalent of a "win it or bin it" racer. You never knew if he was going to throw a touchdown or an interception, but you could bet your ass something was going to happen (he also has the most interceptions in NFL history). Rossi isn't a "win or crash" rider. He consistently runs up front, and is always in the bottom 1-3 riders for total crashes over the year.

3. Imagine if Rossi was allowed to run in MotoGP, Moto2, and WSBK at the same time (basically just race as much as he wanted). There is no telling how many titles he would have right now. So when you look at it like that, it isn't a fair/direct comparison.

When he was recovering from that bad leg injury, didn't he take a street R1 (with mile track prep, like suspension and tires) and run a pace fast enough to put him on the Podium the last time WSBK raced at that same track or some shit like that? I cant remember the details, I just remember them talking about how fast he was on a street bike compared to the WSBK riders at the same track...and he was recovering from injury.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's not the spelling that's wrong. It's the way people pronounce it. :crackup:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep - including him I would guess. It's not farv.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Could be nine… :D

It's one of those legends we never saw proof of. Like how his lap times in a F1 car were good enough to be a title contender. His people actually believed that for a few years. Probably still do. :D

Razr likes this.
  7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

So Rossi is just a "decent" racer?

8. Then what is it?

"fov-ray"?

9. Damnit. Now I am going to have to do some googling. I didn't just make that up, I read it in a magazine, I believe either Fast Bikes or PB.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fahv-ruh

Like Le Havre...

11. Well that sounds chickenshit. No wonder people and broadcasters (including Farve himself), say "Farv". :crackup:

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that he didn't ride an R1 really fast when he tested it. I'm just saying "who has actually seen the lap times?" :D

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

15. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

The way I heard it, he took a street Sportster (with WSBK track prep, like suspension and tires) and ran a pace fast enough to put him on the podium at Springfield.

Razr likes this.
  16. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

A lot of people would have a same response about calling Favre just a "decent" quarterback...

17. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Ago quit...and a person that quits is not really great.

He actually quit twice.

:D

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

For the record, I like Rossi. I'm not a nut swinger, and I'm not a hater either. I don't have tattoos of him or posters on my wall, but I admire what he's accomplished. I'm sure if Rossi and Ago jumped on GP bikes today, Rossi would win. Since that won't happen, what's the criteria, statistics? What I do like, is the comical responses anytime this debate comes up. I guess I like entertainment.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Maybe he got so bored with kicking everyone's ass he had to quit.
    Or he wanted to race the Isle of Man!

20. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Wasn't Ago on bikes that were so superior, for a period of time/years, compared to what the others were riding(did he have a team mate?), that it was kind of ridiculous?