1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is wrong with you people!? No Happy birthday to the GOAT

Discussion in 'General' started by Crybaby™, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

Also, 125 champ at 17, 250 at 19, 500 at 21, most points ever scored, most starts, most podiums, longest winning career, etc... :clap:

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

He won titles on 125/250/500/990/800.

He has won races/podiumed on 125/250/500/990/800/1000.

Suprised you of all folks missed this detail...:D

3. Not to mention every year is has the least (or is near the bottom), in crashes. He constantly runs at the front, without crashing.

Which is obviously one of the main reasons he has had such a long and successful career.

I was disappointed because I feel had it not been for his crashes in the rain (in both cases im pretty sure he was leading, one time by a very large margin, so he could have just coasted), and his engine blowing up, he would have been right there in position to win the Championship last year. He had 4 DNF's last year and still finished 2nd in the Championship (10 podiums). I know we can "what if" things to death, but im just saying. It isnt like he is an "also ran". Had luck gone his way, he could have won the Championship last year.

At 38yrs old he beat MM and JL heads up, in the dry, on multiple occasions, and has shown he still has the ability to win individual races, take pole positions, and set lap records. I think that is pretty damn awesome.

With that being said, I think Maverick is going to be a handful this year.

Scotty87 likes this.
  4. I actually went back to edit my post to drop those 10cc's, because I knew some smartass would pick up on that. :D But it was past the timer.

5. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I think you got distracted trying to buy all of the water from Walmart...so our resident trucker can't hydrate or make trucker bombs while driving. :D

Phl218 likes this.
  6. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

And think about this: Every start he makes is a new GP record for total starts. Every point he scores is a new GP record for total points.... :beer:

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Let us know when he has more wins than Ago, or more championships!
    He's 8 wins behind, so that might be possible, no way on the championships.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. Ago retired at age 35, after 13 years of racing. Rossi's got that beat by a huge margin, and he's still up front in the top-level championship series. Just sayin' :)

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So what you are saying is that Ago won more championships in less time than it has taken Rossi?

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

What, that he's had more time, to do less?

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Boooyahh!!!

12. Rossi is the champion of doing less, for longer.

Razr likes this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No way. I got him by a mile.

Razr and Phl218 like this.
  14. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

To all you Ago nut hangers, who probably never saw him race. Or more likely are just Rossi haters or Rossi liker haters. I just want to point one thing out to you.
    Ago raced in a time when he could run the 350 and 500cc races in the same season.
    If you apply today's standards/rules of moving up the ranks and not going back down a class.
    Ago would have 8 GP/500 championships and no other championships.
    That compares to Rossi's 7 GP/500, 1 250 & 1 125 with Rossi finishing 2nd the last 3 years
    A case can be made between the 2 on numbers, but it's no landslide as the Ago crowd would have us believe

15. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

He's like the Brett Favre of racing... if you're decent and just do it forever you're bound to set some records...

LilBabyGirl likes this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Hence the absurdity of declaring anyone the greatest of ALL times.

Razr likes this.
  17. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Well you sure as hell can rule out 99.9% of all people from that catagory, so it's not all that absurd

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Let's go with pointless then, since it is a matter of opinion.

19. If it wasn't pointless, it wouldn't be discussed here.