1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do ya think..

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 50Joe, Jul 25, 2004.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'm in the process of semi-restoring a red and white '84 RZ350 streetbike I got from Gary. I say semi because I'm not going to repaint it to perfection. Basically, I started with a 100% bare frame and cleaned, polished, and lubricated everything to look as good as it possibly could. I have put new fork seals in, gone through the rear suspension, engine will have new bore, all seals, and new top end, brakes will be completely rebuilt. I'm still trying to find a set of Canadian pipes cheap. The bike looks really good from 10 feet away. Up close you can see various small scratches on the frame and bodywork. The tank has a few small dings. The bike will be pretty much 100% stock in configuration. So, what do you think an RZ like this is worth? I plan on keeping it, but I'm curious on what the general public thinks it's worth.

2. TommyD

TommyD Well-Known Member

I guess I'll say it before somebody else does.Is this going to be your A,B,C or D street bike?

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

:D

4. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Not sure, but they seem to be going up as time goes on.

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

119 views and no opinions. Hmmmmm.

6. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Sell it.......................sell it!

Just how many RZ's does one person need.

They must have help groups for people like you Joe........I think it is called TWT.

If your race bike looks nicer than your street bike..........I think you have other issues too.

I say sell the race RZ.................the A bike!!!

Can I get $3000................anyone................

Bidder..........bidder...........bidder..................thrreeee thousand, dooooo I hear Threeeee thouuuussand?

7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

$3k x 2!!!!! :D Will be available after the GNF. Comes with spare motors, pipes, etc. If you have to ask how many than you haven't been paying attention in class.:p

8. Steve Fahey

Steve Fahey I need a new avatar

Hold your monitor closer to the bike and let me get a better look!

9. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

No soup for you Joe..............you can't bid on your own stuff!!!

You darn ebay newbie.

:beer:

10. charles

charles The Transporter

Finally we see some light shining down that long dark tunnel
    of A motors, B motors, C motors, D motors...come clean, Joe,
    you've had 'em all along, haven't you now, and all revealed in
    yer own words:

"IF YOU HAVE TO ASK HOW MANY THAN YOU
    HAVEN'T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION IN CLASS."

Now... which pipes go with this bike... A, B, C, D,...????

11. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

It depends on what type of weed........Ooops, I guess you mean EXHAUST pipes. It's all up to the rider.

12. chrome-crf

chrome-crf Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you have quite a few 350's by these responses:D

13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I've got a few, but less than some people think. ;) Very nice avatar BTW.

14. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

Jap and a 2-stroke its not looking good joe for making any money just ride it.:)

15. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Yea, I plan to. I was just curious. I think it would make a really cool pit bike. :D

16. ValuCycle

ValuCycle Well-Known Member

Joe,
    NADA clean book value on your RZ is about $1000. It would bring $1500-$2000 in our store depending on condition. Truly immaculate units are appreciating in the collector market and bringing $3000 and up.
    Speaking of 2-strokes, I recently purchased a CR80 for WERA mini competition. I was a bit surprised that it only came with one engine. I was sure based on your postings that the previous owner should have provided me with an entire alphabet of spare motors, but he didn't. Should I be suspicious, or is this normal behavior among 2-stroke aficionados?:Poke:
    Tim

17. charles

charles The Transporter

When you join my Cabinet, Joe, you'll need it to get around
    in Washington... I intend to place GM and Ford under marching orders to mass produce GP quality 2-strokers of all sizes up to 1000cc... to advance this plan, I am designating Joe as
    the Secretary of Strokers and Secret Motors... Joe, you'll be
    pleased as punch to know you'll get an "A" office, a "B" office, and so on, up to "G."

18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Very cool. Do I get an intern as well? :p

19. charles

charles The Transporter

Pleased to read you have accepted the position... I can assure
    you that you will have interns and also several outterns as well,
    provided you know the ins and outs...do you have any firm
    convictions about the future of the two-stroke that you wish to share with the American motoring public?

20. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Secretary of strokers

Now you can get the Sprinter you have been lusting after. Say bye bye Eurovan!

:D