1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you always want to do?

Discussion in 'General' started by dave3593, Dec 5, 2023.

1. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

The Iron Butt thread and the trailer thread made me think of this. When I was a kid, the bike magazines would have travel articles that had people seeing beatiful scenery on a shoestring. I traveled some on typical stuff like BMW twins and a CB 1100. Some of my favorite memories were on a Suzuki TS250. Man I would like to stealth camp on a duel purpose bike with nowhere to go but toward the sunset.

scottn and motoboy like this.
  2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Two chicks at the same time.

SpeedyE, Wingnut, Steeltoe and 10 others like this.
  3. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

A 24hr endurance race.

SundaySocial, 418, evakat and 4 others like this.
  4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

what’s the guess on percentages on that one? Fess up boys… who’s done it? ;):D

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I did a 12 hour YSR endurance in Denton, TX, back in 1997.

britx303 likes this.
  6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I actually managed to accomplish one goal I had: to win a race when my dad was spectating.

My first win - TGPR, Clubman Novice. At the award ceremony at the end of the day, when I received my plaque, I dedicated my win to my dad, and gave him the plaque.

Sunday, Father's Day, June 1997. I was happy.

BigBird, SundaySocial, khill and 17 others like this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

+1
    I accomplished more with women than I did with racing motorcycles :D....sorry gear heads.

27, SpeedyE, scottn and 3 others like this.
  8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

For those of us from the generation that knew chicks that wouldn’t leave “E”cstasy alone …….2 chicks at once was pretty much an easy thing. As much as I hated ravers/drugs, I knew some really cute chicks that did ANYTHING.:D

27 and StaccatoFan like this.
  9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I drink the fifth on that one.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I always wanted to be a double-naught spy
    with a cement pond out back of the house.

SpeedyE and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  11. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Did you win a million dollars?

brex and 27 like this.
  12. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I know there are still two annual dirt-bike 24-hour races. One in Alabama, and one in California.
    I've done three on dirt bikes, and entered eight WERA at Nelson Ledges and Willow Springs. Finished six; damn near won the '87 Willow Springs race overall. Still 1st H.P. on our Genesis Racing FZR1000, after a late pit error induced crash. Crew chief for one more at Willow Springs, after I quit racing.

JBall, Boman Forklift and 27 like this.
  13. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

There's a hare scramble called the Northeast 24 Hour that I'm thinking about doing with a local shop that gets a few teams together annually. I have to start working on finding a bike (and selling the idea to my wife :D)
    Haven't been riding in the dirt on a 2 wheeler for 30 years so I'll be looking for a super easy to ride bike. Not underpowered, but not a beast either.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
    Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  14. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Drive an honest real oval dirt track car and asphalt late model. Done bikes, which was a 2nd love to oval track. Grew up around the local circle track. Didn't get into bikes until I was in my 20s. Raced them for a few years. Still miss it but being 50, now doesn't seem like the right time to try it again. Last time I raced bike was 8 or 9 years ago already.

15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Do multiple personalities count?

I grew up wanting to be a rally car driver. I was obsessed with WRC, and was a Big Colin McRae fan. Staying up till 2-3am to catch rally coverage on TV. I honestly though Bike racers were nuts, and had no interest lol. I didn't get into bikes until my 20's.

There's a bit multi use forest near me (ganaraska forest), with tons of offroad trails and fire roads. I used to drive my car through there late at night at stupid rates of speed. Always preferred to do it alone, and not be responsible for anyone dying. The few times I took buddies through for rides was amusing, but at greatly reduced speeds. To me it was all slow motion. To them it was a pants shitting experience :D.

My sense of adventure is completely gone now, and I no longer have that need for speed, nor does my brain work like that anymore. All I'd love to do now is saddle up an adventure bike and take off in a north west direction with no set destination in mind, and a completely free time schedule. I used to do a bit of that when I had a bike and free time. Slept at the roadside a couple times up in northern ontario/quebec. Fun times.

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I did do that one time in Denton TX, but I didn't last 12 or 24 hours. :crackup:

YamahaRick and brex like this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Not many things I haven't done, but I do still have a bucket list. I'll get to most of them before I croak... at least I hope I will!

BigBird, 27 and Boman Forklift like this.
  18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hey few balls, in your case it was two dudes and one chick, but that's okay, we still love you!!:D

27 and brex like this.
  19. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

Race and finish the Daytona 200. Don't care if I finish stone dead last.
    Haven't given up yet!

tl1098, JBall, mike w and 6 others like this.
  20. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Base jumping. I have a friend who I met through my wife recently that does base jumping and those wing suit jumping. I am 51 with obviously a beat up body from racing, but if I met this guy 30 years ago I would have been doing that instead racing and maybe if was fesale doing both. Thats the type of adrenalin junkie I am.

Real road racing is what I love also and I was able to race Pikes Peak but I would love to go over seas and get into stuff like the Irish road racing and other like it.

BigBird, 27 and Boman Forklift like this.