1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s Proper Etiquette When....

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP69, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

It’s Broome ... do you assume he doesn’t???

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

rd400racer likes this.
  3. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

:clap::clap::clap:

Kudos, man!

4. DmanSlam

As long as it's not one of the "needy" panhandlers standing at a busy intersection. Yeah, I digressed. :)

5. DmanSlam

Probably not the right kind of "needy" person. You might have to brush up on your people skills. ;) Joking aside, panhandlers are kind of a personal pet peeve, as many of them are NOT needy. But are doing just fine (and even retired/on disability) and looking for easy money. They can collect up to $60.00 an hour on that panhandling gig.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

When an old lady rolled up to me with no legs and I'm coming out of a fancy restaurant with carry out getting ready to hop on my BMW GSA, I figure I can spare $10 for her. I get what you're saying, but it's a case by case situation. As far as the guys on street corners. they can EAD.

BigBird, Cannoli and DmanSlam like this.
  7. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

You can tell about their situation by how clean they are, how clean their clothes are, and the condition of their clothes.
    The M-F that are clean and tidy, and out begging make the world a harder place.
    Most of my charity goes to the dogs because I have never met a dog that would lie to me.
    Cats are pathological liars, just like a possum and a clean begger.

8. DmanSlam

Agreed. Still, that's a disability and an emotive aspect that plays partly on feelings (of sympathy) and the logical (panhandling on the street with no legs? yeah, it may cause one to believe she is down on her luck). Taking it an additional, does this physically-impaired woman have a handicap parking tag? I know you didn't ask, but... If she's able to cruise the sidewalks for more than a short distance, does she need front-row parking at all? Just food for thought. And another digression!

9. (we need a blushing smiley)

:)

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Damn....it's not only front row, but also wider so they can open the door and get their wheelchairs out. Ever try getting a wheelchair out sandwiched in between spots? I mean a minivan would help, but otherwise it's necessary.

DmanSlam likes this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Probably.

The ones using sympathy pets really tick me off.

12. DmanSlam

True. I was waiting for someone to call it out. :beer:

"If you take away my bike, you remove half of my life.” -MM93" --> True here as well. But, I find that most riders who are passionate about motorcycles are pretty resourceful. So, bouncing back is a real thing and overcompensating on the next bike purchase -- or two -- is sweet revenge.

BigBird likes this.
  13. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I was getting new tires installed yesterday. A loud, possible drunk was trying to get a buy 3 get 1 free deal by using a his current sad situation. Had to get back to Texas, got laid off at the B&B his wife was managing, Mom needed help as she was ill, etc. A kind woman told the store she would buy the fourth tire and to put it on her bill. He then thanked her for the next 30 minutes. I was even tired of the BS and she was ignoring him by reading her phone.

14. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

It’s only happened to me once - an estranged friend apparently trying to make amends at a DD drive thru.

I have, however, on a couple of occasions paid for a tab for servicemen in uniform at airport bars or restaurants. I figured it was the least I could do for them and their service.

I don’t find the whole practice odd or uncomfortable. It does give me some feeling of good spirit in the average human being that they’re trying to make a gesture of goodwill toward their fellow man.

Make mine an XL with a turbo shot and cream only, please.

15. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

My local Starbucks is a cluster in the morning because it has two entrances near the drive-through. Friday morning I started a zipper merge to avoid the pre-coffee morning rage - let the couple ahead of me go and everyone else followed taking turns.

That couple paid for my coffee so I picked up the tab behind me.

It brightened my day a ton to just see people being kind to each other - I hoped that the people behind me continued to pass it on.

pscook and Cannoli like this.
  16. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Huh? What the fuck are you talking about? Revenge on who/what?

17. DmanSlam

Meh. Re-read the post I quoted.

18. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

You'd all like this "Portlandia" skit, at one point he pulls out the pet amoeba lmfao. Great show.

19. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

might wanna take that vid link down... just saying.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some people don't learn...