1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s Proper Etiquette When....

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP69, Jul 13, 2020.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

3. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

My family and I were out in West Yellowstone wrapping up a 2 week vacation years ago. Stopped in to grab some supper at neat steak place. Sitting at a table next to us were five or six gentlemen and I couldn't help but overhear some of their conversation. They were all Vietnam vets and I guess served together at some point during the war. The were having a good time and throwing back few a drinks with their meal.

I called our server over and told her I wanted to buy the next round of drinks for those men. I told her that I wanted to remain anonymous but wrote a note on a napkin and said to give to one of the men at the table when she brought them their drinks. The note read, " Thank you for your service to our country and welcome home."

As we got up to leave she came over to the table where the men were seated with the next round along with the note I had written. The server handed the note to one of the men at the table. He read it and passed it around to his buddies, they all got quiet and I think caught by surprise.

I have the utmost respect and gratitude for all veterans of any branch but because my father served in SEA during that time Vietnam veterans hold a special place in my heart.

969, auminer and YamahaRick like this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Alright enough of this kumbaya bullshit.

You get to the window at the crawl-thru to find out some coexist bumper sticker sporting equality of outcome douchewhistle has paid for your double mocha half caff soy latte, your response better be to yell out “FUCK YEAH!” and power brake the fuck out of your polar ice cap destroying carbureted, leaded gas burning muscle car and leave the asshole in the drop top BMW that’s behind you in a cloud of smoke and balled up bits of tire.

badmoon692008 and jdaniel like this.
  5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

DaveK, it’s not polite to use forum members’ logins to post.

6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Get out of my head!!!! I had the SAME thought when I read that earlier. Egg is all about smartassy condescension. That reply was all Dave. :crackup:

SGVRider likes this.
  7. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

@Dave K does it with a bit more tact. He's mastered offending everyone without being offensive. It's his super power. :D

rd400racer and Funkm05 like this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Someone had to set you mamby-pamby Enya-listening fruitcakes straight.

Now nut the fuck up.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Who can say where the day goes?

Sucks that I ever go to drive thrus. Maybe I should start.. just pull up & ask, "Did the people in front of me pay for mine?" and just bounce if they didn't...

Seems more hitter-miss than Ike. o_O

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bunch of hobosexuals around here any more. Is this the BBS or a gawddamn abc after school special?

Let’s kick around the hackysack and listen to phish!

11. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Didn’t one of your guys pay for the food ordered by some jackass in the car behind you, even after they did something to piss you off? And then when you got to the pickup window, you took both orders, leaving them shit outta luck? Lol!!

R Acree likes this.
  12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Same. I don't want to be given shit. I suppose in a weird way, I have a little bit of a complex about that. I'm also anti-birthdays (especially my own), anti-gift giving at Xmas (love getting together with the family but would rather forego the gifts). It just makes me feel awkward, especially if I'm the only one receiving.

However, I have paid for a cops breakfast a couple times before. Both times it was at a Dunkin on the way to work and they were in front of me. Luckily both times I was able to tell the cashier through the speaker to put it on my tab before they had a chance to pay. Both were within the last year or so and I did it just to remind them that some of us still appreciate what they do. I also don't mind going out of my way to show my appreciation for a war vet, such as giving up a good seat on a plane (though I'm too poor to ever have those to give :crackup:). But I don't see the point of random acts of kindness just for the sake of it. What's that new term everyone's throwing around now? Virtue signaling? I think that's a good way to sum up my view of it. Maybe I'm just an asshole.

sharkattack and Gorilla George like this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What do you do? Thank you to the serving person, give them a good tip, move on and pay it forward. But maybe not in that instant.

Hey, Wyman is a good kid, running hard and could use a few bucks. . . instead of paying for some sputtering menopausing formerly hawt chick's starsmucks chi soy coffee, send that goof the $5.

Or give it to the local Proletarian level sports collective the money, they desperately need it right now.

Paying for some fatass's wendy's breakfast baconator might seem cool in in the minute, watching some kid chuck a fooseball and knowing you paid for that ball feels better and, 10,20, 200 more kids will chuck the ball you bought for months/ years to come.
    Or watching that goof Wyman run down <insert a rider's name> with the race fuel you bought is better.

F@ck the fatasses, the milfs and the rest of the inline lucky ducks, give to something you actually care about.

SGVRider, bpro, Sabre699 and 2 others like this.
  14. :stupid:

I would rather donate food to an animal shelter.

15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Why you gotta spoof @Steeltoe like that? He’s trying his best. It’s not always that easy. Have some compassion. :D

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wait, what??? You can get a Baconator for breakfast!!!!!!!!!!

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

upload_2020-7-17_7-41-14.jpeg

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If they can't make the egg square, I don't want it.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  19. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Or local musicians and artists, those communities are suffering mightily

pscook likes this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

To hell with them. They get all the chicks and drugs, I got no sympathy

sharkattack likes this.