1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what’s going on in seattle?

Discussion in 'General' started by turbulence, Sep 28, 2019.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I am shocked and saddened that the area of the state of Illinois that champions all that is right and good would be soiled by such malfeasance...

:D

G 97, 5axis and ducnut like this.
  2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

It was even before that. A straight Chevy dealership.

When I first started at the Cadillac dealership, I was sent to the training center for Fisher Body. This was 1976, and the instructor was busy making evidence for a trail involving phony warranty claims.

Gordon and George Butler (No relation to me or my Uncle George, who was a Studebaker dealer.) were the original northeast distributors for Toyota in the 60's. Their relationship with Toyota soured to the point where the contract was not renewed.

https://www.autonews.com/article/20...w-england-adventurers-read-like-a-crime-novel

Gordon had a Chevrolet dealership and he sold a lot of cars. It got to the point where he felt that GM should give him a discount because of the volume of cars that he sold. They said nobody got a discount, so he decided to do phony warranty. Apparently, there was collusion on this within General Motors. A suspicious Zone Rep was murdered, a witness was almost murdered, it was a mess.

http://malefactorsregister.com/wp/murder-in-three-acts/ Specifically, Acts 2 and 3.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    G 97, Chino52405 and ducnut like this.
  3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Tough and crooked crowd. Seems mafia-like.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

The Old Yamaha Shop, use to be in the Sandy Hook Shopping Center, just across the river bridge before you get into town..on the left..I think it is a Salvation Army Store now.

But the time period for the empty crates was when they were on old hwy 20..best recollection is it was only a few..

Oh and that one goofy guy stabbed a new Busa with the forks on a forklift...LOL right thru the side of the crate, into the tank and subframe, and he flipped a new GSXR in the crate, off onto the top of the forklift trying to carry them two high..Idito.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  5. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Royal Gate Dodge, here is MO has been going through something eerily similar. Most of their new inventory was carted away in a day.
    https://www.republictimes.net/royal-gate-in-columbia-not-closing/

418 likes this.
  6. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Happens more than you think - the car business is very leveraged for the most part.

I transported a load of pre owned exotics out of Texas a few months ago .... day after picking them up I had a finance co , police , and a judge calling me asking my whereabouts ....the finance co gladly paid the transport fee upon my return of the vehicles .

stk0308 likes this.
  7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I have to go threw the lot audits at our dealership once a month. Car not there, it better be at a shop where they can verify. If not, you have to pay it off immediately.

ducnut likes this.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Auditors were my responsibility, as well. Thankfully, modern technology and competent auditors made it pretty easy to get through. When the place changed hands, that’s when things went pear-shaped and units suddenly started missing. As it turned out, one of the new, silent partners viewed the place as his personal toy box and was coming in, off-hours, and removing units for personal use. The GM had heard of new units being out at the guy’s compound, so he took a trip out there. He found multiple ATV’s, dirtbikes, and SXS’s, still on the shop’s floorplan, stashed in the guy’s shop and trailers. In addition, he found inventory stolen out of the parts dept, such as oil, filters, tires, etc. It was a huge mess. BUT, it gets better. At the other store, the GM was buying stuff on the shop’s floorplan for personal use. As it turns out, that store owned a couple vehicles and two boats, with one being a twin-engine Baja. LOL!

9. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Brings a whole new meaning to the term "stealership".

10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Back in 81 or 82 I was working at Classic Yamaha in Cudahy, WI as a tech/ service dept guy, there were only 2 of us in service. One day, Yamaha showed up with the trucks and started loading up the bikes. The other tech and I never saw the owners again. We just loaded up our tools and walked out. I never did find out what happened.

ducnut likes this.
  11. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I heard about an Olds dealership that was involved in some sort of foolishness with GMAC about 20 years ago. Something about fudging the VINs on the cars in inventory.

I believe the dealership was in Minneapolis.

I think there was a movie made about it.

:D

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Harley recently pulled the plug on two common ownership Harley dealerships in Wisconsin. Both were recently acquired by the newer ownership group. Yep, you guessed it, selling bikes and not paying Harley Finance. The Motor Company let it slide for as long as they could but finally pulled the plug. IIRC one was in Janesville the other in Milwaukee .

One thing is for certain, I do not think we’ve seen the end of this across the entire motorsports industry and dealerships.

ducnut likes this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Wood chipppers are cool. :crackup:

lazlo and ducnut like this.
  14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

If ownerships would humble themselves, they wouldn’t find themselves in these situations. Unfortunately, these people think they’re entitled to being a player and putting on a big show for everyone. New money doesn’t go very far.

pscook likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah okay, never did know where the old shop was. I remember the Busa :D

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

In retrospect it was probably one of the best customization jobs ever performed on a Busa. He did it a favor by putting it out of its way over extended and chromed out swing arm life. :D