1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Relay Endurance...

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Cajun Kid, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Then why don't they show up for Solos? Race pace practice time pretty cheap...

2. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Turn the solos into championships with points since they're no longer payout races. Solo trophy races offer nothing but bragging rights until tomorrow.

3. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Weird, another thing I have suggested. LOL

Solo's are trophy only and are only held at the super tiny regional rounds. I personally do the solo's when they are at the rounds I have attended the past years. But then again the turn out at these rounds is low overall anyway. GIO usually skips the Solo's. Cause there are no points or contingency or purse.

Again I don't run a race Org, so I am just making conversation.

4. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I like the Pony Express idea.... Being on a team yet being in control of your own bike/personal liability etc.

5. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

And if you crash during the race the next relay mount can't start until the transponder is on the bike. No matter whether it's a red flag, crash truck bringing back with the bike or someone going after it and it being thrown over the fence. Might be kinda funny in some respects. Luck of the draw.

Just a suggestion so don't go clubbing me to death... if the LW rules for a Pony Express race are adjusted to include the '97 and older 600's (similar to CMRA F2 rules) I think there would be an interest from quite a few vintage guys to run their F3's, FZR's, ZX's and GSXR's.

6. I have always wanted WERA to get a relay race/Team Challenge kind of thing. I think it would be cool as shit.

It would be like an Endurance event, without the drama of having to ride/tear up other people's bikes.

7. :stupid:

Personally, I just love riding my bikes. I always do the Solo races, both of them. Like a Boss. :D

But not everyone is like that. For many people, there has to be something to chase. If it isnt cash, then it needs to be a championship. But something to justify the tires and fuel for running an extra 16-20 laps.

8. With that being said, if it were up to me, every weekend would be a Double Header event. The 2-day format just works. You get to have weekend long battles with people, continually improve your bike, lines, riding, starts, etc.

But if they arent all going to be DH weekends, then I think something could be done to make the Saturday's more appealing and mean something to more people.

9. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Tally for example:

$85/solo 20 = $4.25/lap

$100/hr for endurance = 54 laps at 1:06 pace =$1.85/lap (obviously faster guys would get more laps and slower, less)

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The problem with that is, the majority of folks can't financially support that model. Some guys are lucky to pay for 2 classes alone.

That's what loved about the Solo 20's. You had the opportunity to make some of the money back. I totally understand that the solo payout's had to be absorbed, but that's the way it goes.

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I like the relay idea. Add some cool trophies or something to add prestige to it, and I think you might have something.

12. I get that. But all of the DH's weekends I have been to had good attendance. And all of the people I talked to in the paddock during the events loved them. Shane Horton and I were talking about it at CMP and we both said the main reason we came that weekend is because it was a DH weekend.

:stupid:

13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I think the relay would be fun. Maybe a trophy class rules are something.

14. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Hell if Broome is in WERA is already in the black. LOL

Make that Money! Fuck The bitches! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

15. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Another thought, to make it interesting, make it a three hour, and each team must have one rider/bike from each weight class.

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

We do a 3-hour relay race up here(I refuse to call it an endurance) once per season(July), as well as a 5-hour endurance at the end of the year. My problem with the relay race format is that they have a distinct advantage of fresher tires and that each person is used to their own bike, as opposed to those running it true endurance style. The incoming bike on a relay style team has to fill up and swap over the transponder before the next bike can go out. Of course there are people who still try and cheat, as was the case this summer when a team opened the gas cap, looked around to see if anyone was watching, shut it and sent the next bike out. Of course we caught them and they got a stop-and-go, but it should have been much stiffer of a penalty.

If I have been thinking "relay style", I would have had an SV sitting there with rain tire, ready to go, and we probably could have won the overall on a LW team because of rain 25 minutes from the end, but I don't think that way for a 3 hour race.

17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Same thought I had after the race, I should have had my SV teched and sitting there with rains on it. That would have changed the whole complexion of the race. As it was, we just called it quits with a set of pretty worn out DOTs on the bike. It was fun, I was just crewing, but not a real endurance race. That being said, the turn out was pretty good and it was fun to watch.

18. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Love this idea as we could ride the bike set up for us. I am a GP shift guy and every endurance team I have raced with is standard shift. At least a second a lap lost for me plus more mental confusion. Hell, I have changed my street bike to GP shift so that my challenged brain doesn't have to go back and forth. NTTAWWT