1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Relay Endurance...

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Cajun Kid, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

What if a 4 hour race were like a relay race? Just stop switch the transponder and go... All bikes on the same team carry the same competition # and are classified as Light, Medium and Heavyweight.

I would think that 3-4 sprint guys could get a team together.... Might help fill the grid. I think AFM does it.

As a sprint guy I would do it, just for the extra track time.

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

AFM has done a 1-hour, 2 rider team race a few times (none this year). That is a long way from a 4 hour multirider type of event.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I guess my first question is - what's the point?

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

the theory being that no one is put in the unenviable position of crashing their buddy's bike, or having to have an "extra" team bike for endurance?

I like the idea, but it seems like you would either need separate scoring for the relay riders, or have some kind of time hold for the rider entering the track after a transfer. Delay them to simulate fueling up, changing riders, and changing tires. Actually, separate scoring would likely be a must... The relay bikes seem a lot less likely to suffer a mechanical problem.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Like I said :D

There's no Endurance to it. New rider. New bike. New whatever every stop.

6. Cajun Kid

Add two bikes / riders and 2 hrs time... You could do it for as long or short of time period as you like.

Maybe its not a true endurance race. But something different, and new.

7. Cajun Kid

Yeah a separate class "relay class" run what you got. Just to get the grid size up, maybe that would help.

8. Cajun Kid

To Make $$. And fill the grid. And fuck Bitches :rock:

9. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

This dude has sold me! :up:

10. GECCO

GECCO Runs with scissors

The MRA already does this. Once per year they run a 4 hour enduro, that has 3 classes:

1) True Endurance - one bike, multiple riders
    2) Pony Express - multiple riders, each riding their own bike, pass a transponder like a baton
    3) Titanium Butt - One bike, one rider, 4 hours

It's been very successful over the past several years, Pony Express is the most popular class.

11. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Titanium Butt... I'm sold!

12. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

What is it with you and butts????

13. Cajun Kid

Thats pretty cool. Not Sure why it wouldn't work in WERA... But then again I don't run a race org. I'm just a customer.

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I can see the bumper sticker now... Titanium Butt Nutt :D

15. rwood64083

Pot<Kettle

How you doing?

:moon:

16. rwood64083

Do Wrangler butts drive you nutz?

:crackup:

17. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

LOL!!

Getting there. It still feels like I am on a ship anytime my head moves. But it is getting better.

18. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

I'd replace trackdays with Relay Endurance to improve my skills and would save money doing it because I'll be at the track for the sprint races so my travel expense is a sunk cost. When i do a separate Trackday travel expenses are additive to my on track experience.

Would be interesting to see what kind of response this received through a survey at Registration.

19. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I'd be in for a pony express style endurance race. I think it would be great.

20. Cajun Kid

Yeah,

I have asked a few of my sprint racer friends and all had interest in doing it. Getting extra track time, and the fact that its still a race and "meant" something were key points.

Just seems like a fun idea.