1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA racers/Jennings/ Trackdays/ Oiled Track/Man vs Woman fight club/Facebook

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

This is just one example of why flygirl is so loved here.

flygirl likes this.
  2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Bike prep and "getting new people to the track" will always be at odds. The trackday organizers want to make it as easy as possible so potential new customers aren't scared away.

Laz, Boman Forklift and Wheel Bearing like this.
  3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I didn't even know her name:( much less if she's on FB

4. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

Please don't...I was going to sleep in the classroom this weekend...:)

Laz likes this.
  5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

How about in 2017? ;)

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

dude's got 11 heather friends. 6 of them are bike profile pic'd .
    pick and choose.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

It takes 10min...tops...it prevents crap like this, and I imagine it could "Save Lives"...or crash damage n shit.

cav115 likes this.
  8. Heather223

Heather223 New Member

Thats not true had he came into my pit I would have dropped it all and helped that is 100% a lie there were tons of generators running around me so if he was yelling out on the track I did not hear him obviously there were alot of people helping as I mentioned before and not one person mentioned the cleaning I wasnt aware of what was going on u were not sitting beside me to know what happened I was not even aware that anyone could go onto the track I would have literally cleaned it all myself believe me.

galloway840 likes this.
  9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

How are you at cleaning house? Dishes?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

It's a balance between safety and getting the sport to grow. Do you forget what it's like to be the new guy looking at doing track days and get at least a little overwhelmed at what you have to do for your first day?

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I know. I've drilled and wired drain plugs and filters for every new person I've ever brought to the track, but not every new person knows somebody like me.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, really, cut back on the macho, you're making your sucky thread smell like Paco Rabanne.

turbulence, Past Glory, MGM and 4 others like this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Honesty don't sweat it. At the end of the day it doesn't matter especially if it's coming from another fellow rider. Sounds like they had plenty of peeps to help clean up.
    The lesson here is make sure your shit is tight and to Britts point get your fill, filter, drain and caliper bolts wired at minimum.
    Luckily no one went down.
    Everything else is just noise.

14. Heather223

Heather223 New Member

O
    Of course,

Shenanigans and Phl218 like this.
  15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Sorry, I grew up working on shit...I don't know "What it's like"...

I will go back to work now..Breaktime is over.

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

anyone on here ever done their first trackday?

did you get any help? what did you know to check, how well were you aware of all the neccessities?

did the whole thing overwhelm you slightly? arrival, set up, registration, food , bathroom, get out on the track, all of it ...

heck, no one crashed, no one got hurt, no one died.
    the oil got taken care of. many people learned form that. i'd bet 2 went and checked their ODB's.

and i bet 10 were like "ah, i got mine tight, no need to check" - right?

only feelings got hurt ... it's all that matters.

edit: and facebook. facebook matters. putting shit on there. everything. matters. makes america great.

LD and Shenanigans like this.
  17. Hello Heather, welcome to the beeb. :)

Let me be the first to offer you a few of these, feel free to toss them in anywhere you like . , , . ; ; ; . , , , . . ; . ; . ; , ; . ; , . ; ; ; . , , , . . . ; . ; . ; , , . . ; . ; , . ;

:D

Rebel635, flyboy, MikeR and 18 others like this.
  18. Yes.

Yes.

Everything.

Incredibly well.

A little, but I was ok.

But I did my first track day with STT...not a JenningsGP standalone day. :)

badmoon692008 and Phl218 like this.
  19. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

Just posting so I can be apart of the thread where Melk posted sources in an argument :D

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Just curious about this policy. If you know that there's coolant in the bike but can't find a trace of it on the track, there is no penalty. But if he'd crashed and spilled that coolant, he would have been banned for life? Am I reading this right? That sounds kind of odd.

That is beyond stupid, man.

jeffr1ey and badmoon692008 like this.