1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wera race school ?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by prov novice#80, Feb 21, 2011.

1. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

rk - are you doing the race school at nelson at the end of this month?

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

as long as my bike's back together in time, yes.

If not, I will likely trek to Grattan on 5/15.

3. natedogg624

ok i'll have to be there in time for the mock race then. i wanna see you win this show lol

4. primo

primo Well-Known Member

Don't forget that if you crash no license for you. That means we don't get you race you on Sunday :D

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I hope my sarcasm is coming through the Internet when I talk shit. If the other "noobs" thread is any indication, I might be the only middleweight rider taking the school. I damn well better not get beat by an SV or 2-stroke!

I know my speedometer lies, but I ought to have a 20 mph advantage on the back straight.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Unless they're already carrying 10mph or more higher speed exiting T10 :D

7. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

I am thinking of riding my 6R for the class because of the "ease of use" factor vs the RS250. I plan on being very slow saturday, heck I have not ridden any of my bikes yet this season. :(

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sounds like a SHOWDOWN!!!

My money is on the Big Meanie guy!

9. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

uh oh it seems my cover is blown....

at least I can't be a cherry picking sandbagger
    ( I am not a nesba CR)

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Your secret is safe with me!

(saw you turning some quick laps at Putnam once on your 250)

11. starvingcfi

starvingcfi Well-Known Member

probably a stupid question. just wanna make sure i understand correctly.

school saturday, mock race at the end of the day, then you can participate in the races on sunday?

12. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

yep

13. natedogg624

;)

14. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is a good place to get some clarity on that.

I know the idea is that new racers need to show that they're safe on the race track, but is "crashing is an automatic fail" a black and white rule, or is there gray area?

I completely understand and agree with the spirit of the rule, but I think there's a difference between taking other riders out in T1 and lowsiding on your own, on a damp track, after turning 3.5 clean laps at a decent pace.

No one ever plans on crashing, but competition makes things more interesting. For my hundred bucks, I'm just looking to have fun. I don't want to be "afraid" of battling with someone for position because I might have to ride at 85% instead of 60% to do it...

15. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

^I crashed during the mock race (low side by myself) and another guy crashed in our first school session that day. Both of passed the test and did our races on Sunday.

16. drop

drop Well-Known Member

i think it all depends on the crash.... and what caused it.

17. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

... and if you know why/what caused the crash

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, it's not really gray because there is no such rule. We've had people crash and pass, we've had people not crash and fail.

19. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I took the safe route by not crashing. Who wants to convince my wife to cancel our anniversary so I can race at Summit? :D

20. primo

primo Well-Known Member

Don't cancel the anniversary homie, that’s a :tut:. Just go and celebrate 1 or 2 day before the race. :up: