1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wera race school ?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by prov novice#80, Feb 21, 2011.

1. do i have to park my bike outside the classroom or can i leave it in my pit with the warmers on? does the racer school get two sessions also. thanks guys

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Honestly, you're not going to really need it on warmers for the racer school sessions. You coulld leave it in your pit, but depending on the track and your proximity to the classroom, it won't leave you much time to get suited up and get on track...

You'd do better to have it nearby, and leave the warmers until the end of the day and the mock race. When I did the school a few years ago, the school got a couple of sessions and the mock race at the end of the day.

Sunday is when the fun begins. :up:

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

What he said.

4. im running bstone bt 003 dots. it wont hurt them not running warmers? what bout heating up? thanks guys

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The practice sessions aren't real fast, just to learn the track and procedures. You really don't need warmers for the sessions, but maybe for the mock race, if you try to win it:up:

The mock race is cool. Everyone watches and cheers....good luck.

6. thanks cant wait.

7. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Well-Known Member

I don't want to start a new thread to ask this, but where can I find the 2011 schedule?

8. madman748

madman748 I'm your huckleberry

9. BURGIO

BURGIO Well-Known Member

During the practice sessions you aren't going to be going nearly fast enough to even worry about it. I would put street tires on personally. Save the Dot's until race time.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, your excitement transpires in your question. It's almost as if you were asking "should I put the condom on before I drive to her place?" :D

I swear, sometimes I read threads that make me want to be a newbie again. I loved everything about racing, but the excitement of the first time can't even keep put into words. Probably the best of all the memories.

11. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

:crackup:

12. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Drive, that will take to long. I better run.

You will be fine. It won't tear up the 003's.

13. M78Raven

M78Raven New Member

Hello all. Just getting started in the racing realm. Trying to get the bike ready for this weekend at Buttonwillow. I haven't gone to any race schools and was planning to sign up for the WERA school on Saturday. Seeing as this is also Easter weekend, I can only go on Saturday and have to miss out on Sunday. If I only go on Saturday, will that count as one of my race weekends on a provisional license? And does the school last all day? Will I be able to sign up for any races on that day?

Thank you for the great forum.

14. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

the school lasts all day so you can't race Saturday, if you can't race Sunday, you would still have to complete two race weekends (the school doesn't count as one of those weekends)

15. M78Raven

M78Raven New Member

Thats a bummer. It's all about learning patience right? Thanks for the response.

16. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

are the practice sessions required to be slow, or is that just how things usually go with the race school because it's newer riders?

I'm not looking to set the world on fire, but I'll probably be doing the race school at a track I'm familiar with. I just want to get new tires scrubbed in and knock off the cobwebs from not riding all winter.

And yes, I have every intention of winning the mock race :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The first session is usually the students being led around slowly but it's not long before you're allowed ot run your own pace.

18. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

cool. In retrospect, I should have kept my mouth shut and totally sandbagged until the mock race:up:

19. primo

primo Well-Known Member

^ Don't crash bobblehead.

20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I'm choking on the irony of you posting this with that sig line.