1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Member: SPATT

Discussion in 'General' started by cm6501, Aug 20, 2008.

1. cm6501

cm6501 Well-Known Member

On June 22, 2008, I met a fellow racer Matt Spattcher (spelling?) a.k.a. SPATT on the WERA forums. I bought his 03 Yamaha YZ450F with a blown motor for $700. And I offered to let him ride one of my supermotos on the kart track. SPATT didn't have the gas tank or swing arm bolt with him at the race track (Beaverun) so he said he would mail it to me.

I did say, its not a rush, but please send me the parts. After many ignored phone calls, and ignored PMs I feel ripped off. A gas tank is only about $100 - $150 and the swingarm bolt is only a few bucks, but I feel that i am getting the bad end of the deal. Ignoring me is a good way to be childish. I was not in any way looking to make an enemy within the racing community and I still do not intend to.

I have sent 9 PMs that have not received a reply. Probably 10 phone calls. I believe my phone number has been blocked. I have never threatened, name called, cussed, or even rose my voice to the guy. I see that SPATT has been active on this forum and is actively ignoring me.

Now I have rebuilt the bike and the final parts that I need are the tank and swing arm bolt. Should I just go buy the parts and let this guy not follow through with the deal? Or should I keep bugging him? Bugging him has not worked for the past 2 months. I can't believe someone on WERA would do this to another member.

2. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

yeah, but his avatar is da bomb, yo...

3. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Coming from you, that is a nice avatar! :beer:

4. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

In all seriousness, that sucks. Lack of communication is my biggest pet peeve.

5. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Last visit was 8-18

6. Heavy-Dee

Heavy-Dee Well-Known Member

Always makes me feel funny....

7. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Spatt's in the field right now.
    He won't be back for about 2-3 weeks.

8. kevinr

kevinr Well-Known Member

He screwed me on a track day at Mid-Ohio last year. I ended up giving it to a friend. Does he still have a chick that does his voicemail message? :(

9. Chris

Dude, I don't know what kind of story you are trying to tell here, but I am getting really grossed out.

10. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

...shot of penicillin might clear it right up....

11. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

:crackup::crackup:

12. cm6501

cm6501 Well-Known Member

Vacation? Work?

13. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Can we delay this discussion till Monday? I love a good burnin' at the stake, but I prefer to come in to one on a boring Monday morning. Thanks.

:rock:

14. tito

tito Well-Known Member

+monday was yesterday and I am bored at work..........I am sure there is a second side to this. lets hear it!!!!!!:Pop::beer:

15. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

You must be bored if you think Monday was yesterday!

16. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Jail.
    Long story, but he should be around in a couple.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm going to hell...

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

this is news? :confused:

19. Chris

The plot thickens.

20. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, the foundation for great interwebs. :Pop: