1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA going to Daytona????

Discussion in 'General' started by Mark91ex, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Mark91ex

Mark91ex Leg-Over!

Just heard that with FUSA/CCS going through their problems, that WERA may be going to Daytona and filling the spot of CCS. Not sure how true this is but it is ironic that Mongo was spotted in Daytona yesterday talking with some people with the speedway/Nascar. :wow:

How cool would this be to have a National there? Hey what about the WERA 24hr of Daytona??? :D :up:

:Pop:

2. R6#486

R6#486 Shockin the Shockers!!

Sounds interesting Mark. Haven't had the pleasure of beating myself up there yet!!! would like to try it out though. If there is a national there or endurance then I would be there. :up:

3. While I would love to race a WERA endurance race under the lights, CCS is still scheduled at least for this year to run at DAYTONA.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wasn't me - can't prove a thing....

The new infield layout is pretty cool though, the changes they did are impressive.

5. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

did they change the layout again? or just repaved the old-new layout?

Hows the track look/feel? I haven't heard much regard to that. I see the times seem to be a little better than last year, but that could just be the bikes.

Hopefully the track is faster, with AMA qualifying % at 110 its even gonna be tougher lol

Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  6. TJ

TJ Livin in a bubble

:beer: :beer:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I didn't make it to the 200 last year so this is my first time seeing the new layout. Looks much much better than the old one. I also really like the extra RV spots and that they're allowing camping in the infield - all moves that will really help club racers running there.

8. 92excel

92excel Well-Known Member

That would be awesome. I wonder how many engines would blow up.

9. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

If there were a WERA race at Daytona, I absolutely would not miss it. In fact, I'd be willing to pay extra enty fees if that's what it would take to make it happen.

10. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

:stupid: (assuming I'm in GA and not MI) :D

11. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

I stayed in the RV lot last year, really nice, away from the concert, it was amazingly quite. Nothing like getting up and walk over to the paddock.

The only thing I didn't like was they had 2 garages seperated by the fan area and all the privateers gets deposited over on the left (ARCA) garages and we got NO fan exposure and tech was not within walking distance.

I like the new layout too, I never really liked the turn that get you onto the first banking. And the fact that I could stay at the track really help with the cost and made the whole experience a lot better than the previous 3 years.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hmm, I hate Daytona but I think I'd be there is some way, shape or form for a WERA weekend at that place.

But since Mongo wasn't there we're discussing hypotheticals here.

13. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

The enrite infield has been repaved to include the Inter. Horseshoe. It is very sticky and well paved. The parts that worried me was the 3 foot wide paint line going into turn one and a slippery patch by chicane. Other than that its a fun track to ride and the RV spots were very cool to stay at and better than paying $200/night 20 miles form the track. :up:

14. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

I like the old configuration better. its nice to race less than an hour from home :beer:

15. mad brad

mad brad Guest

me too.

16. Hendo

Hendo V Card Puncher

6 hours to Daytona....from Atlanta

I thought we had this topic already decided upon.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's cuz the new one is more work :Poke: :D

18. mad brad

mad brad Guest

ever drink a slurpie down the fornt, back straight at daytona? fo' shizzle, that's place for an endurance race. <wink wink>

for real though, i loved coming off the banking and into the chicane. for some reason, that was my best ever passing zone.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some day over a beer I'll tell you my theory about why Scott was as fast there as he was :D

20. mad brad

mad brad Guest

cause he got his head punched in? :D

and if so, why has yates never won?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2005