1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA day of prayer and fasting, Wednesday 6/25

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by RoadRacerX, Jun 23, 2003.

1. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Dear sweet friends, I've spoken to some of you about this already. I am proposing a day of prayer and fasting this Wednesday, June 25 for our own Papa Thiam. I believe there is real power in corporate prayer, and God is honored by this. As you know, Papa is out of this country and in a hospital in France recuperating from surgery. My prayer, of course, is that Papa be fully restored, and God receive all the glory. There are no rules for fasting, but I will start Tuesday night and fast through Wednesday. Allow yourself only water if you wish to try this. If you feel hunger, it will remind you of why you are fasting. It will pass, and you will most likely meditate with more clarity. Even if you choose not to fast, please pray for Papa throughout the day. As Paul said in First Thessalonians 5, "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

I could have posted this in the Politics and Religion section, but I don't want this to be overlooked. If you don't wish to participate or are not a believer, no reason for negative comments and/or bashing. That is not the intent of this post, and I don't mean to offend anyone.

I thank God for all of you, and ask that you please remember Wednesday 6/25. Mongo, if you don't mind, would you stick at the top?

In Christ,

2. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Count me in

Jay,

I've never been an advocate or believer that fasting helps the prayer to be heard, but count on me spending more than one spare moment praying for Papa.

I'm sad that so many prayer requests have pulled me out of lurking, but I'm happy that there are this many folks praying for those who need it.

Mark

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Jay,
    I'm in. The fasting part will be tough, but I'll talk to my buddy Big G to help my friend Papa.

4. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Count me in

I have more than one person to pray for and would be happy to participate.

Love to Papa and family and friends,
    Jess Morgan
    Team Frost Racing

5. SR621

SR621 Well-Known Member

This is a great idea, count team Soulracer in.

6. Pitlizard

Pitlizard Well-Known Member

Um, I love Papa more than my own life - BUT I'm not sure I can give up food and Papa would laugh heartily at the idea of me not eating, too.

I, more than anyone, need to pray for his health and for healing within our relationship as well. Count me in.

7. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Please stick at top.

Please add young Nathan to your prayer list on this day as well.

8. Glover

Glover Official Race Suit Tester

I'm In

More then happy to be part of this great idea.

WERA #85
    Glover

9. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

10. funnyhat

funnyhat tire budget challenged

Better late than never

Excellent idea! I will put the rest of my consuming time today to much better use.

To God be all the glory!

Tom

11. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Our Father in Heaven, thank you for this day and for your unconditional love. You are truly an awesome God. Thank you for a wonderful WERA community which pulls together and prays for its sick and hurting. Today we lift up to you Papa Thiam, who has been on our minds and in our prayers for quite a while now. We pray to you, oh sovereign God, that you heal his body and give him mobility once again. We pray that his spirit is renewed as well. We also pray for young Nathan, whose body is stricken with cancer. Comfort his family as they most likely have never experienced losing a child. Lord, you know what it’s like to lose a son. We know if it is thy will, you can heal Papa and Nathan, and we pray it is thy will. Lord, protect us as we travel and race this weekend, and be with the loved-ones we leave at home. Keep us close and clean, and forgive us our sins. In the most precious name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, we pray.

Amen.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2003