1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA BBS Fantasy Football 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 25, 2019.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Like that is going to happen.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

i really think we should try a dynasty type league, where we get to hold on to one player since we seem to have a majority of the teams return every year.

dtalbott likes this.
  3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I always hated the idea of a keeper league, but then a buddy was telling it can be as few as one or two players. It could be interesting.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

yeah. In a basketball league it was up to 2 players, and you were assessed a 2 round penalty, i.e. if you drafted the player in the 6th round, that player was your 4th round pick, etc.

In football, one player would be more than appropriate. and I think no round penalty, you just start with one player.

5. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

The dynasty league always sounded interesting. Are the FF providers set up to keep track of that stuff or is it all manual. If it’s set up on the program already cool. If not...it sure sounds like a headache.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

it's already setup.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The guys complaining that there are not enough trades can stop right now. I'm fairly certain I am the only player in the league who has even bothered using the trading block in the past two or three seasons. I bet half of you guys don't even know that the feature exists. Every time I have players on there, not one of you guys/gals have acknowledged that there were prayers being offered for trades. And I've never seen any of your players offered.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You guys play for money or just bragging rights?

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Cash money, homie.

BigBird likes this.
  10. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

To be clear I was never advocating for more trading. The point of the bench being smaller is that you forces you to pick up players for injuries or bye weeks because you don't have enough room for backups at every position. With the smaller roster sizes it also leaves better players in the free agent pool, which means there is more add/drops because there is a chance a FA on a good matchup could be better than someone on your team. And sometimes it forces you to drop someone you don't want to because you know someone else will pick them up. But that also means another team will drop someone you want to pick up. With larger rosters the best free agent RB is some 3rd string guy who is never going to score points unless someone gets hurt.

You'll always keep your core guys, but it makes the bottom half of the rosters more fluid and it rewards people who pay attention to matchups and lineups. There is always luck involved, but the more active you need to be as a manager the more it rewards those who are involved. If you can auto draft and win the league without ever making moves it's a bad league. :D

BigBird and dtalbott like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're far from being a complainer.

Personally, since I have to do the auto-draft, I like that the deeper bench. I'm just looking out for my own interest.

BigBird and dtalbott like this.
  12. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

You've been Mossed! Krv6QQM_d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

13. Scotty87

This guy gets it.

dtalbott likes this.
  14. mag

mag Well-Known Member

I’d prefer a draft date on a Monday or Wednesday. If not, I’ll deal.

15. Scotty87

Time to start getting those league fees in guys and gal. Same email address as before. If you need it, PM me. Anupe gets a gold star for getting his in un-prompted a week ago.

Hunnert bucks.

Where are we on draft day? Let's at least get those 'hard no' dates identified.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Like I remember the email address. Send it to me and paypal will go out right away.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Your PayPal will have it in memory. Just write Scott as the recipient and his last name will pop up.

BigBird likes this.
  18. Scotty87

You don't take PMs big fella.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do get emails, hundreds a day even :D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And how much - 100?