1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

well johnathan chadic? from barnacle bill

Discussion in 'General' started by barnacle bill, Apr 1, 2014.

1. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

I actually thought you were april fooling me. but seriously I didn't remember working on your suit last month. they all run together but darethea did. and yes I just sewed a white leather patch over the hole down the bicep on your dainese suit. no it didn't match the old white leather. I'm sorry . but i did sew up everything else that was loose on the suit on the left side for good measure for the 60.00 dollars you sent me for sewing. the other 25.00 was for insured UPS shipping. I wasn't trying to argue with you either I was serious when I didn't remember the suit. heck I'm nearly 63 yrs old and about a dozen suits are going through here a week . I have offered to give you a free coloring if you want to send it back but just on that sleeve . I really thought you were fooling me but it looks like you were damn serious with the WERA bbs threat. well ruin me if you can. I am done at retirement age and who gives a rat's ass. thank you all and good night. bill and darethea

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Him and the horse he rode in on, Bill!

3. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Thanks for reminding me. You should have gotten mine on Monday. I'll call you now to talk. It's white too, so don't screw it up :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Ruin you? By using the BBS?

I so want to see that one happen :D

5. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

I'm surprised what you were able to do with my suit, Bill. It wasn't too bad off, but you did a great job patching and dyeing everything to match.

6. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

is his issue with the repair, or the color?

I don't consider the biceps a high-impact area... then again, I also don't think of racing as a fashion show.

7. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

Barnacle Bill's is flat out awesome.

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

There is no way you can keep 100% happy. However I think the other 99% will be with me in saying your work is fantastic and prices VERY fair and if/when you retire it will be a loss for us all.

Now I just need to lose weight and get one last suit from you :D

9. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Bill ain't going to retire. He'd go crazy without people stopping by to chat.

10. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

This is the first time I've sent anything to Bill.

I just called on my suit and I probably don't know all the details so I won't say anything, but I have no concerns whatsoever that my suit will come back cleaned and looking as new as possible given it's condition when I shipped it.

I think Bill has performed work on enough people suits that Jon should know better then to use the BBS to disparage him. My prediction is that it wouldn't achieve the results he was looking for

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Ewe's not fat. Ewe's just fluffy. :D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Interesting someone who isn't a racer would try to use the BBS to discredit someone we all know is great at what they do. This whole thing is the best laugh I've had all day by far! :crackup:

13. barnacle bill

issue with color

that's why I thought he was fooling me on today of all days. it was the color not the repair job.on a rashed suit. it was all Bella's fault though. she told me not to color it for I could use that "free" time to rub her head some more. he kept referring to the patch I did on his ass a year or two ago and how well it matched the other leather. but then he got a cleaning and condition with the repairs and I colored it for free because we we're still experimenting with mixing colors. this was just a quick turn around patch job or so I thought because he said it's his "spare" suit for rainy days. I swear I thought he was just fooling me . i thought it was all an act. go figure that. I know I'm not going to please everyone all the time . I'll have to think about this some more. the best to all bill and darethea

14. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Bill did great on my suit and hard to believe the prices considering $25 of the cost is return shipping!

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I guess he really showed you!:crackup:

Bill, is it possible to take out the forearms in a suit? I have a great suit I've never worn because my forearms don't fit. It's weird, I don't look like popeye or anything, and I've never had a suit that didn't fit there. I like it other than that. Any ideas?

16. barnacle bill

forearm letout

yes we can let out the forearms with a keprotec panel added to the inseam. just need to know how much. runs 75.00 and return shipping or include your own UPS return label. many do. bill and darethea

17. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

:crackup:

18. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Bill, you did an awesome job on my suit. Don't sweat it. Can't please everyone, all the time.....

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I sent mine to Bill this winter because of his rep on here. He did the wash/condition, a few repairs and fixed 2 zippers. No complaints at all.

Well except he shrunk the damn things, they can't be tight because of the 12 lbs. I gained this winter. :(

20. Mike 122

Mike 122 Ride!

Received my repaired HELD suit today. Thanks again Bill, great job :up:.