1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well damn

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by sharky nrk, Jun 11, 2012.

1. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

So I went to work on the bike some more this evening, flush the fluid and bleed the brakes.

Yeah.....both bleeders snapped in half leaving the bottom half in the caliper. So now to re-disassemble the front end and try and figure out how to get the dang things out.

2. sharky nrk

What are the bleeder specs and anyone use speed bleeders? I have them on my cars but never put them on the bike.

3. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

You might be able to hammer a torx bit in the hole in the fitting and heat the caliper with a propane torch. It works like an easy out.

4. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

or maybe try a screw extractor :confused:

5. sharky nrk

I tried a screw extractor in a half butt manner to see how it would go, the rest of the bleeder is quite shallow making it difficult, looks like the speed bleeder part# is a SB7100S for anyone else that searches.

Not sure how I am going to get these out but I am too pissed tonight to try, maybe tomorrow or Wed. Sigh.

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Can you split the caliper itself? I believe you can but can't recall.

7. jackel151

jackel151 Well-Known Member

What good is splitting the caliper going to do? the bleeder hole is not a full diam thru hole. and even if it was it goes straight into the caliper.

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ahhh I see. I didn't know if you could split them and access the rear of it.

9. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Speedbleeders are great, makes bleeding them a one man 5 minute deal.

10. sharky nrk

I bought speedbleeders and am excited to have that ease of access, if I can get the carcass of the old bleeders out.

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Speedbleeders are the SHIZNIT!!!!

12. sharky nrk

In case anyone searches for this later I was incorrect on the speedbleeder number, the 7100 was too small and I needed a m8x1.25 bleeder - 8125