1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekend Project Thread........What did you do this past weekend?

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP1199, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Sung

Sung New Member

Hey! I want to try to do this. Where'd you order the stainless steel plates? And can you explain the pictures of the underside a little more? Thank you! How's it holding up so far? How much did the machine shop charge you?

2. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I’m putting the finishing touches on installing an Electrex electronic ignition on my ‘66 Ducati 250 Mk3. The stock ignition is beyond bad. It generates so little electricity they used the ground wire on the engine circuit to power the stop light, and if the brake light burns out, it kills the engine when you step on the brake. Cool, huh? So the switch was a natural. But. It’s taking forever, I work slow, and I suffer from electronic anxiety, doubling my slowness. I hate anything involving electrons.

3. ronin1052

ronin1052 Well-Known Member

Performed some basic 'baseline' service on new-to-me '08 Daytona 675 track bike:
    • Bled front brakes and repositioned front brake reservoir.
      Fluid was dark & nasty, nice firm lever now.
    • Pulled forks, dumped, flushed & replaced fork fluid. Also polished lower tubes a bit.
      Same as brakes - fluid was gnarly, nice smooth action now.
    • Fabricated a cartridge rod bleeding tool and rod holder plate along the way, made things much easier.
    • Installed 1.1 fork springs while I was in there.
    Very fulfilling work overall.
    I haven't ridden it since I bought it last June (recovering from shoulder surgery), I cannot wait.
    4" shorter WB and 80# lighter than my previous mount. It feels tiny!

4. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Snapped the valvestem on the slicks and on the way to the tire machine found an injured goose stuck in between the Westbound and Eastbound lanes of Rt. 17.
    Did a U-ie, grabbed him and took him to a lake - figured he be happier passing away there then stressed out in the middle of a highway.
    Went back earlier and was happy to see he's getting around well and making himself at home on the lake.
    Marchesini fixed as well.

Attached Files:

5. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Preparing the full dresser (Kawasaki Voyager XII) for summer duty... installed new battery, checked air pressure and fluid levels. And picked up new oil/filter for her today.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I worked some races at Talladega.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Washed our dog 5 times he was hit by a skunk Saturday night. Fabrezed the entire house, boiled vinegar in a pot to try and get some smell out of the house.

evakat likes this.
  8. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

After 2 years sitting due to some motor issues, the wagon finally reached emissions-exempt status… got tag renewed and been working on it the last few weekend actually. Gave it a much needed bath, replaced/upgraded fuel pump and installed aftermarket pump wiring harness, swapped wheels, fixed two broken window rollers, installed some speakers, changed interior lights all LEDs

Next weekend is MotoAmerica, but after that I gotta R&R the trans for a 3000 stall converter and start prepping for heads/cam.

24C4E94F-A991-489E-B7E2-D41B72DE1E7D.jpeg B364834F-E726-4483-830E-AF1A9F9D64B1.jpeg

evakat and TLR67 like this.
  9. Mike Lafayette

Mike Lafayette Well-Known Member

Good for you with the goose, I might have been scared, I have heard they can be feisty! Glad he/she is doing well, that has to make you feel good. :beer:

10. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Adjusted the backrest on ny new touring bike from the Andre the Giant setting to normal dude size. Now I can reach the pedals!

11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Looked at my new headers and thought about installing them while drinking a couple of beers.

Decided that felt more like a next weekend project.

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Drywall finishing and painting.

13. Solow1

Solow1 Member

Sorry to revive this thread but I was wondering where you got the steel plate from? Also did you put any spacers between the plate and the diamond cut metal?

14. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I started writing a piece of music. It looks like it will be a sinfonia concertante for oboe and bassoon.

Or it might become a part of The Music of The Ainur that I started the week before. Perhaps Yavanna's Theme?

Aulë's movement will be accompanied by Anvils in A similar to Wotan's Descent Into Nibelheim.

15. Boman Forklift

I’m musically ignorant, this is like trying to read a foreign language to me. Lolol

motoboy likes this.
  16. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Well, I don't even know what color power bands to put in my Yamaha Gixxer SRAD to make it Clubman legal.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Me neither, but at least I understand that sentence. :beer:

motoboy likes this.