1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekend Project Thread........What did you do this past weekend?

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP1199, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Damn dude...I'm thinking your stairs need to be wider. :Poke:

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

was thinking about making them all over the 30 ft width...

:D

Sabre699 likes this.
  3. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Moved out of the old and in to the new home, also bought and delivered 2,500 lbs of tile to the new home.

4. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Flat fenders look great! You do need to change out the hood latches tho, stock ones suck :D

6. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Yeah that hood is coming off as well so thats on the never ending list of stuff thats gotta be done...

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I did some from Rugged Ridge - amazing how nice it is to drive without the hood bouncing all over.

Latest thing was LED head and driving lights. Best upgrade yet.

8. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Yeah I haven't had the issue with the hood yet, but then again with the old motor I couldn't do more than 70 hardly anyway.

The leds are one of the best upgrades.

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yes sir, water proofing, with tile after.

10. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I've not seen that before. Maybe it's normal and I just didn't know. What is the product?
    I have a couple projects ahead and I'm always interested in learning this stuff.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Definitely normal, and it also acts as a crack suppression. The green is a Mapei brand. There's also RedGard, Laticrete, Hydro Ban etc. These are all basic roll on products that can be applied in a matter of minutes, for each coat. Normally 2 coats. Then you get into membrane systems, like Schluter's Kerdi mats. Those are a lot more involved, time comsuming, and expensive.

Rising likes this.
  12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

This weekends project was to negotiate the land deal on the future Duval residence.

[​IMG]

Offer accepted. Next project is to acquire the lot next to it.

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

nice!

well, i shot some dick bullets, sold the racebike, pruned the fruit trees, put the cladding around the deck and went to a hipster restaurant. (anchorage in greenville. was pretty good)

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Cut firewood for next year. I like working in the woods when it's below freezing, the chainsaw cuts frozen wood so much better. The big plus is no bugs, gnats, bees etc.

Banditracer and renegade17 like this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That looks very nice!!! Is there going to be a dirty bike track on the property?

I bought a Harbor Freight electric snake and cleaned out a clogged drain.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Nope. I don't own dirty bikes anymore.

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Electric? Sounds shocking!!!

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yep. But to help out, it comes with an air operated on/off switch that sits on the ground for your foot to press on. I did go ahead and tie off the extension cord plug to the top handle, just in case.

19. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I replaced my garage door springs. Lots of tension in those things! I learned a thing or two, though.

20. FiveSeveN-

FiveSeveN- New Member

I wanted to revive this to say thanks to MotoGP1199 for the great idea. I bought a used dual Kendon trailer and ordered the same stainless steel plates, enlisted the help of a machine shop to drill and tap the holes (that is some hard metal!), and also enlisted the help of a fab shop to attach the plates to my trailer for me. I could do it myself but I haven't welded in several years and it's more worth my time to just pay someone to do it who will do a better job, anyway.

First I had some friends help me load up a couple bikes so we could determine where the plates needed to go. We offset them a bit to allow for more range in length of bikes (the one on the right side of the trailer allows for 1 or 2 inches more in length).

Anyway, it has turned out great. I'm excited to put it to use!

IMG_20190604_180100.jpg IMG_20190604_174702.jpg
    IMG_20190604_180514.jpg IMG_20190604_180512.jpg

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019