1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WD anti sway hitches

Discussion in 'General' started by TRK, Feb 23, 2014.

1. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

2. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

When that one came out I was intrigued but the more reading I did on it I personally don't like one aspect of it. Even though the ball is supposed to turn with the trailer it is constantly pulling the trailer forward into the latching mechanism which becomes your weak point. Granted the latch gets thrust on it every time you stop but some of that is mitigated by your trailer brakes, their design has it under stress as an active part of the weight distribution.

That may prove in the long run to be a non-issue but until there are more of them out there I just can't make myself look at one seriously. Especially given I already have a good setup that works well for me.

I use the Equalizer hitch personally and in 2 years and 25K of towing it's been flawless so far. http://www.equalizerhitch.com/

3. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Blue Ox builds a good one. The best on the market I believe is the Hensley hitch, but they are a over couple grand in price.

4. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

5. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

Had a blue ox, didn't care for it that much
    I see the andersen is incompatible with a certain latch, my trailer doesn't have that latch.
    Hensley and pro pride from what I have read are the best, but you can't really take em off road, have an interesting hook up, and approach 3K

6. kruizen

kruizen Well-Known Member

+1 equalizer

7. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

I have has two of them as well. VERY nice units and do exactly as stated.

I actually have a 10K unit that I ended up with that I'll probably never use. I'd part with it with what I have in it if you were closer as it's WAY to heavy to ship.

8. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I will add another Equilizer owner/tester. Good product and I like the fact the sway is built into it and no friggin chains to deal with. Steady and straight as fast as you won't to go.

9. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

I have a 7,000 lbs toyhouler and use this one: https://www.fastwaytrailer.com/e2/
    It works perfectly. However I had to weld the bracket onto the trailer because I did not want to take off my checkered plate that covered the front!

10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I'd love to use one, my hitch receiver specifically says not to though.

11. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Had a BlueOx. Upgraded to the Equalizer last season. The Eq is a MUCH better setup. Did a lot of research prior to upgrade...

(Towing #8k toyhauler)