1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wayne Rainey Painting

Discussion in 'General' started by Disco, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

I recently finished this one, Wayne Rainey acrylic on 9"x12" gesso board. Schwantz is next :)

[​IMG]

2. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Epic!

I guess that must have been from when he was still a novice. Yellow plates and all... :)

3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

There's a cool Rainey painting at The Keg in old Montreal. I'll take a pic next time I'm there.

4. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Well done!!!!

BTW, that is one of my favorite Shoei's (still have mine)!

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Very nice! Great work!

6. Look at that shitty body position, how did he even make it around the race track? :D

Great work on the painting!!

7. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Not trying to be a dick, but why do you paint them so small? 9x12 is like a sheet of notebook paper?

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

9 foot x 12 foot.

9. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

" references inches....

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah he's not doing a 9' x 12' gesso :D

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Usually in the lead.

:beer: Very nice painting.

12. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

It would one bad ass garage door!! :beer:

Shenanigans likes this.
  13. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!

Yes its 9x12 inches. I do paint in larger sizes as well, the latest Rossi painting I made was 24"x36". Basically I am using these smaller paintings for experimenting new things and its much easier (less frustrating) to work in a smaller scale. For example, this painting was the first I have done on gesso board, and also I started with a very different background using a palette knife, which I decided to completely scrap. The previous Simoncelli painting was the first painting I had done on a smoothly sanded canvas panel, and the first time I used an airbrush. I can also finish these in around 2-3 days vs 2-3 weeks on a larger scale. I'll get back to painting on a larger scale shortly.