1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Way to go Commiefornia

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lots of them - anthrax for one.

I don't disagree on the kissing thing but knowingly engaging in activity where you can infect someone should be a criminal act.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You keep harping on this notion as being 100% fact.

Think of someone who you care about a great deal. I'm guessing that you don't have children of your own, but perhaps a niece, cousin, or an HIV negative partner.

Suppose this person is in need of a transfusion. Suppose there are 2 O- people who are on the spot ready to donate. One is known to be HIV-, one is known to be HIV+, but has a so-called "undetectable load".

Would you say that it is irrelevant who donates to your loved one?

Of course, you'll have to say it wouldn't matter or you'll lose the whole facade you're trying to build here.

But answer yourself that question honestly even if you can answer us honestly.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Free love. :crackup:

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

In another example of interesting sense of perspective in CA, you can be punished for refusing to use gender preferred pronouns. Obviously CA has no pressing issues needing their legislatures attention.

BHP41 likes this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm offended by gender preferred pronouns, they trigger me. Since feelings trump all else I'm exempt from this law.

6. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

This is primarily a gay and black issue. Let’s not pretend that the numbers are anywhere near equal across the board of race or sexual orientation.

You didn’t answer the question.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Was lasted tested about a decade ago, when I became monotonous with my now wife.

Before that, six months earlier when I was seeing another gal I played "you touch mine, I'll touch yours" with.

Before that, shit, I dunno. For a straight non-IV drug user I've probably had my dick inspected by more non sexual partners than most dudes have had partners.

8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Weird fettish.

9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

For Surgery
    Lady: "You checked the box NO TRANSFUSION?"
    Me: "Yep"
    Lady: "You Mormon?"
    Me: "Nope"
    Lady: wtf?
    Me: "You don't know what's in that"
    Lady: "Oh we do too"
    Me: "Like when AIDS was unknown?"
    Lady: (silence)
    Lady: "They will let you die"
    Me: "Whoop-T-Do"

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What's your problem?

I got my junk handled by a large black woman, and insurance paid for it.

I'm tempted to go back for a checkup, in case the wife been stepping out. :D

11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Well as long as you are getting paid. WHORE!!!

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

First off I'm sorry so many people you know have passed....

But unless you're a doctor, knowing north of 300-400 people with HIV that has died tells me you're hanging out with entirely the wrong fucking group of people.

badmoon692008 and StaccatoFan like this.
  14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How should we break this to Robby Bobby? Are you familiar with the name Jean Girard?

beac83 likes this.
  16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Well done.:crackup:

17. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So bad enforcement means the law needs to change so they can badly enforce the new version?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  19. beac83

As a young gay man just arrived in NYC in 1982, pretty much every gay guy I met in those first two or three years has since died. Think think there are only about 4 or 5 men still alive that I first met in NY back then. And many, if not most of the gay guys I knew in Chicago and downstate Illinois from before I moved east are also dead.
    It's estimated that only 8-12% of those exposed/infected with HIV prior to 1990 are still alive. At that time, the virus had been in the community for about 6-10 years, silently spreading. The dying started in around 1981, and continued until the three-drug protocols became available in 1996. It was not unusual for me to go to one, two, or sometimes three funerals a week, while still helping the circle of friends take care of guys who were sick, and who would die next week or the week after. I once went on a first date. I called the next week to try for a second date, and he had died. He was seemingly perfectly healthy on our date.

It was a pretty horrific time. To my friends who were in Nam, I describe it as being under sniper fire from an unseen assailant, with no means to fire back, and no ability to call in air support. At the time, the larger society was of the general mood of "well, this will take care of the gay problem". Reagan even joked about it with similar words from the White House.

By mid 1985, the indications were it was caused by a virus. The HTLV antibody test was created in 1986. Before that, you just got strange illnesses, and then you got something that killed you.

20. beac83

Bad laws should just go away. Period.