1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watching the WSS race.. How can the honda do so well..

Discussion in 'General' started by jt21, Jun 26, 2014.

1. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Over seas but be a friggin turd over here? Obviously the wss build is much different than a DSB but what gives?

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

You answered your own question. Different rules package and a ton more money. I find it interesting that with all the cost cutting in WSBK that WSS is Nearly unlimited.

3. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

Ten Kate has been building Honda 600's for quite a while. All the experience they have surely doesn't hurt.

4. Yep. It's the build.

I could be wrong, but I think the reliability of the Honda motors allows for a pretty serious build, and really, HP and a slipper clutch are the only thing it's lacking. So with a good engine build, electronics, suspension, etc., they make great race bikes. They just have a HP disadvantage when the motor is pretty close to stock.

5. That too. I'd like to see what they could do if they built a bike to DSB specs.

6. sonicnofadz

sonicnofadz Well-Known Member

im fairly certain if you dumped 2 million into engineering a race vespa it would be competitive so not hard to fathom a fast cbr

7. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Even with the different set of rules for the honda they still don't do well. I gotta admit though it's nice to see more than just the r6 series.

8. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

didnt DSB just change the rules and allow the CBR more cylinder head mods to keep em competitive? im sure they can already do all that stuff in WSS.

9. caferace

caferace No.

WSS Hondas pull around 145-147 rwhp. That is ... substantial. Ot at least the PTR ones did a few years back. They didn't break often, and were pretty damn trick.

-jim

10. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

The Honda is not a turd, that's what gives...

11. Fire929

Fire929 Well-Known Member

Michael van der Mark.

12. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

See Jake Zemke and Joe Roberts.

Aftermarket pistons only. In WSS they can port the head and run aftermarket cams, along with kit alternator, radiator, etc.

13. bradd15

bradd15 Well-Known Member

I noticed on the long straights at Sepang they were pulling on the Kawi's which I haven't seen in WSS before.

14. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Saw this kid race at Suzuka last year...amazingly fast!

15. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Cubic dollars. Or Euros. Whatever.

It's only a turd when you're limited to typical supersport rules, like in DSB or most regional clubs.

16. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member