1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Washing Hands After Using the Bathroom

Discussion in 'General' started by olgoodf3, Nov 3, 2012.

1. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

Yes, I know, do it. Every time.

I have had 3 different instances recently where I witnessed somebody not wash their hands after exiting a stall (assumed to be going #2). When do you say something?

1- Mens room a Grattan. Person was a vendor and supporter of the organization running the event
    2- Random highway rest station. Person was a stranger.
    3- Shared common mens room in my office building. Person was not a co-worker.

I feel like I should have followed all of those people to wherever they were going with others around and confronted them in front of others for maximum embarrassment However, didn't because I was either turtle heading it already and needed said stall or too in awe at the behavior.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

4. Seek therapy immediately to cure the massive case of germaphobia.

3. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

I think I'm pretty far from a germaphobe, I understand that most doorknobs and light switches are dirtier than my junk. However some really nasty stuff is in feeces and a thin piece of paper doesn't act as a microbial barrier.

4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

not sure if the massive case of germophobia is worse than the fact he remembers the 3 times he recently witnessed the offensive action ..
    but i suggest throwing a bottle of hand sanitizer at them while yelling "bitch pleeeeese"
    i'm a partial germophobe i guess. I wash, then use the paper towel to pull the door open, hold the door with my foot, then toss the pt into the trash bucket, using the result of if i make the 2pt shot to gauge how the rest of my day will go. :)

PS: that post someone made about how far fecal matter sprays when flushing a public toilet (cause some of em are jet powered it seems) freaked me out for .. well still. lol

5. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

And Melk turnst the light on and off 3 times before exiting the bathroom. Ha

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Want to send your germophobia into over drive? Want to get really freaked out? Want to go coo coo bananas? :D

Travel a lot?

7. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

hmmmm maybe I'm a poop-a-phobe. I have the same bathroom exit routine as melk.

8. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I wash my hands before I piss not after. I know where my johnson has been and it's far cleaner than where my hands have been. I dont know why people freak out... it's a dick, it's made of skin just like your arm or leg. Would you freak out if someone touched their arm and didnt wash their hands?

As far as a sit down... I only do that on home turf unless it's a bomb threat and I wash my hands after.

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I won't wash my hands to intentionally freak people like Melka out. :D
    Wait till your in the middle of the fricken desert with no water or hand sanitizer. Whatcha going to do then?

10. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

LOL.. :crackup:

Let me tell ya about germs though.. and prove to ya I'm not totally objected to the occasional germ or 2.
    Running harescrambles here in FL, we don't race in mountainous areas. We race on ranch land. Guess what ranch land has .. cows. WHen you race dirt bikes you occasionally get "roosted".. Guess what happens when you get "roosted" with terra firma recently occupied by cows? yea. You get the occasional "cow patty roost" baby. Nothing like the smell of cow doo stuck in the helmet vents for a couple hours while finishing a harescramble. And creek crossings? yea, they aren't the "crisp clean" flowing streams like you see in the Coors beer commercials. There is often a nice "aroma" that lingers about and on the bike for a bit after the creek crossing. LOL

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  11. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

LOL Walk out of a stall in a crowded airport bathroom and sniff your fingers and say "cool... I'm good".

12. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

in reality your hands are far more dirty than your junk, and urine is sterile. You should wash your hands before, not after

13. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

:stupid:

I don't want anything getting on my best part

14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I don't know where it's been and that could be pretty nasty :D. If there is something on your arm at least I can see it and make the choice to touch it if I so desire

15. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

I'm not concerned with piss.

I guess I would deal with it if I was forced to (desert) but I typically spend my time where pulmbing is available.

So the end result if that none of you dirty basterds feel the need to wash your hands after cleaning the toliet water feeces cannon ball back splash and dingleberries off your hairy arses? Additionally, I'm the wierdo for wanting to call you out on it. I'm going to lysol my body now.... I feel dirty just posting on the beeb now.

16. "This is always a crowd pleasing conversation in my microbiology classes," says Pat Fidopiastis, an assistant professor of biology at Cal Poly. Fidopiastis says he's heard all of my hand-washing protestations before, and to all of them he has the same response: "Perianal sweat."

17. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

If you touch that doorknob/door after you wash your hands, you just picked up the goodies the last guy left who didn't wash his hands...unless your extreme and use your paper towel.

18. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

We have a list of guys and girls at work that me and my office friends have made. It saved me last week when a non-washer walked up and helped himself to a chip out of my bag... I tossed it in the trash after he walked off.

My exit routine is same as Melka's. I also wash the tops off soda cans before drinking from them. Think about all the rats and dirty hands of the people at the factory touching them.

19. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

The more you're thinking about this the more you're going to drive yourself insane. Your body has an immune system for a reason, might as well make sure its up to snuff. I get sick once every fall due to weather change and thats it. Maybe sniffles here or there but nothing my body has to shut down for a day for. As George Carlin said " you wanna know when I wash my hands? When I shit on them!" . Doesnt mean you cant have a little common courtesy for other people though. If im out to dinner or in a nice gathering I will regardless to show a little class, but normal everyday life, not usually.