1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted media player that will really shuffle.

Discussion in 'General' started by zippytech, Aug 21, 2015.

1. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

I have thousands of songs and every media player I put on shuffle mode sucks.

I have enough songs to never hear the same song twice in a month playing 24/7 but every player I have tried is lucky to make it a night without playing the same dam song twice..

Looking for a windows player and also a android player..

have tried vlc, winamp, windows media player this and that over the years .. need multi formats.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

iTunes ;)

3. caferace

caferace No.

VLC still rocks. Try it again. Simple, free, cross platform.

I don't think the VLC client on Android is quite mature enough yet to recommend. Windows, it should rock.

-jim

4. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

In Winamp, can't you randomize the list order - forcing it to play every song?

5. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

Figured that out a decade ago. only way i could get " random " to really be random.

6. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

I currently have been using vlc, but for the life of me it repeats the same song(s) every 4 for 5 hours,, some times over the weekends I hear the same some maybe 3 times but yet I have thousands that I never hear..

7. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

I hear what you are saying - but - if it is truly "random", the chances of playing the same song twice in a row are the same as playing a different song.

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Google Play Music. On both Windows and Android.

11. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Not an android but my Ipod shuffle that I use to listen to music while swimming will do 90 minutes without a repeat. That's as long as I listen to it at one time.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Turn off the "continuous" mode. That way it's not always cycling back through, but instead playing everything once, then stopping when they're all done.