1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted: 3XV TZR250

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by motion, Apr 3, 2012.

1. sfo423

sfo423 Well-Known Member

Ya, I've chatted to him a few times when I was restoring mine. He actually bailed me out of a jam. I picked up my calipers from the powder coater and after putting in new seals, I started to bolt them together. One of the bolts seized a 1/3 of the way in. The PC never taped off the threads so I was fooked. Lucky for me Josh had a set of stockers to sell me.

Needless to say I taped this set myself before dropping for coating.

2. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

i have a friend in Fla. who has a near mint(his words) 1990 3MA for sale.
    he also has a bud with an NS500 for sale.p.m. if interested and i can connect you to him.

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

NS500? Really? Where can I sell some body parts?

4. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

it's what he told me.i have no reason to doubt that it is everything he says it is.
    as sort of an aside-i had a 3XV but at the time i had a 9321SP a 9628SP 96Reggiani RS250
    400's 250RR most all of them so my mind was a little foggy what with the choices i had.
    but i must say that the 3XV compared to the other 250's was a little bit... boring?
    it was a great street bike- good low/ mid range but ,at least the one i had- the topend was lacking. compared to what i had at the time. a lot of factors come into play when talking about two stroke street bikes.they can be tuned to run like slugs...

5. Driift

Driift Member

Dude, I have now had two MC28s, both SE models, yeah no Magteks (whoopie). The first one sucked and thought maybe it was the bike, I have another that soon will be for sale. Its a very well balanced bike but has nowhere need the feedback of a 3XV. But thats Honda, just cant get into them, they look cool and guys buy them fast. And the bike I am about to sell is a nice bike with 6200 miles, all stock. Once again, 3XV wins .... no comparison.

6. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

kinda like women huh....

7. sfo423

sfo423 Well-Known Member

A fellow stroker of mine that owns (and has owned them all at one point in time) summed up the handling differences between the 3XV and the 'others' as the difference between using a scalpel and a hacksaw for surgery.

As far as the stock motor, I find my 3XV a bit dodgy off the line, but mid and top are a blast. The former is easily rectified by a different sprocket (or counter).

8. sfo423

sfo423 Well-Known Member

9. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

DAMMMM that's NICE!!! :up:

10. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Not that nice IMO. That's RSP $ for an RS.

11. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Missed it