1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted: 3XV TZR250

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by motion, Apr 3, 2012.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Looking for a nice example. Please let me know if you know of anything. Thanks.

2. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

ever ridden one?

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

No! But I have had several Tzs. Just want one to putt around a bit but mainly for the collection.

4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Steve at Speedwerks had a TZR for sale recently, might be the right year?

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Thanks... I talked to Steve. Its a race-only bike. Looking for a street legal bike.

6. sfo423

sfo423 Well-Known Member

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm very skeptical on the $10,000 win price for that bike, especially since the winner had 0 feedback. That's pretty high dollars for that bike. IMHO, it was more like a $6500 bike.

^^^ Nice!

8. Driift

Driift Member

Love 3XVs..... feel like your doing laps at Suzuka on the street .... have had a few and a few MC28s. MC28s are boring compared to a 3XV. Like the early RGVs too, great power .... good luck finding one ....

9. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

:stupid:

FWIW, I'll most likely be selling my 3XV later this year, but it, like Steve's, is a race bike.

10. sfo423

sfo423 Well-Known Member

Especially anything with semi-decent OEM unobtainables (tank & body bits) at that price.

11. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

The one thing I would like to know is if the buyer actually paid for the bike. Could have been a dead beat just jacking up a sale

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Driift, posting above is the seller. Maybe he'll chime in, but I believe he did sell it.

13. Driift

Driift Member

Yes, it sold. In fact, we are putting a ride together over the next few months .... if you get your 3XV, bring it down, there will be 5 of them ...... an RS, SPR, SP, and and R with a TZ engine ....

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

My NS400R is in Dana Point. I'm in :)

15. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

3XV's unite!

I have some "R" cylinders/heads in good shape I can sell if you find one that needs top end work.

I've had both a R and my current kitted-SP model, both are great but the kitted-SP is amazing by comparison.

16. Driift

Driift Member

I just bought an SPR (1995 3XV) which is the reason I sold the RS, and have not ridden it yet as it was in storage for years. My mechanic is going through it now but cannot wait to ride it .... the RS ripped, really ripped over the R for sure .... curious how the triple power valves come into play on it ... unlike earlier SP models with 36MM carbs the SPR was restricted based on race regulations to 32MM so Yamaha used a tripe power valve. Found a set of RC Sugos for it in the UK so it should be fun ..... Love the 3XVs!

17. Driift

Driift Member

18. sfo423

sfo423 Well-Known Member

You adding the pipes/jetting/intake, or, digging into the barrels & head as well? If latter, who is doing the work?

I've kept mine stock, but always tempted as these are an easy 60 hp.

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Are you guys just rubbing salt into my wounds, or what?

20. Driift

Driift Member

The only upgrades I would consider are the pipes and the ignition box. I was under the impression that the SPR used the TZ style crank, pistons, and cylinder. But no it remains a stocker

Great info here on the 3XVs:

http://froos.com/3xv.htm

http://www.pure-2-stroke-spirit.info/temp/About_the_difference_of_TZR_and_TZ.pdf

The 3XV Super Guru that works on all the two strokes for me is Josh Alverson here in Torrance. The guy is a maestro with 3XVs. Got my RS to pull second gear wheelies and it was stock less an upped sprocket....