1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR vintage Thursday

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by ChuckS, Jul 21, 2010.

1. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Who's in? Who's staying for the weekend on the south course with the other org?

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Yo Chuck, I had originally planned on all 4 days, but it just aint gonna happen....I'm totally out now.

I was really looking forward to it, and getting tracktime on 2 different tracks on the same weekend, having never ridden either before. :eek:

Good luck to all. This should be an Excellent event.

3. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Trying to decide about the Thursday myself, curious about what kind of grids it will get.

4. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Wait what event are you talking about? I thought WERA practice was on Thursday? Or are you talking about the AMA the next weekend right?
    Has the schedule been posted and Im just not able to fin it?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  5. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Practice and Vintage on Cycle Jam Thursday - there's a thread on here back in May about it

6. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

We'll be down for the WERA event, and I have some parts to drop off for Charlie that need to make their way South, most likely camp at the track, not sure about the AHRMA deal, it's easy enough to register at the track for the AHRMA thing I suppose...

7. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

You'll pay $15 extra for an AHRMA post-entry. The days of Draconian post-entry charges have been brought to an end.

8. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Really.....Shitski now I may do a few.......

9. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

No AHRMA license needed either, for WERA peeps that want to stick around.
    From the AHRMA site:
    "06/24/10

Road Racers—Are you going to VIR August 6-8? Do you have friends at are racing WERA on August 5th.? Why not ask them to hang around and race with AHRMA on Saturday and Sunday. All current and active WERA members are invited to join the fun and race with AHRMA without having to join AHRMA for this weekend event. This could be a great opportunity to race a different course at VIR and race with some different competitors. Why not bring your modern and vintage bikes out to VIR and have a long weekend of racing fun."

Nice to see them doing the reciprocal(at least for this weekend) like WERA does.

10. Patman

Patman Well-Known Member

You know I'm there, Chuck. Even if I can't get the tranny fixed right, I'll short-shift. But I can't miss races in my back yard.

11. charles

charles The Transporter

Okay, so...WERA practice (as usual) and vintage racing on Thursday only.

Then, if we want (and if all stickers, markers, scribblings, scratches, chips, cuneiform script, and hieroglyphics on our bikes are politically correct), AHRMA practice (South Course) on Friday, and AHRMA racing on Sat & Sun (South Course). AHRMA is also offering a 'no need to join' deal for this event.

Correctomundo?

12. Patman

Patman Well-Known Member

10-4

13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Bro Chuck,
    Almost correct. I don't believe that cuniform is an allowed script on race bikes that run in the Classic 60's or 650 classes, since it is not period correct. Cuniform may be allowed on pre-war BMWs if you can prove that it was used during that period on a 500 Rennsport. Hieroglyphics, are permitted but only on pre-47 British bikes, since that pre-dates the end of British colonialism in Egypt, although the Indian Enfields are still permitted to use them as a like design.

I just wanted to clarify that in case it applied to the Red or Yellow Peril(s).

Your pal,
    Ken

14. charles

charles The Transporter

Brother Ken:

Once more, an timely elucidation for our benefit, this time offering informed scholarly commentary on the historical parameters of ancient script and the application of contemporary roadracing rules as such apply to the permissibility of said script on our machines.

15. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Charles & Ken,
    Seeing as neither of you will be showing up to either org's event with a race bike, cuniform or not, take your haggis's back to your own thread.

16. Steve 976

Steve 976 Well-Known Member

You know I'm there, so are you.

17. charles

charles The Transporter

How do you know when and where Brothers Ken and Charles will show up?

18. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

I'm in for vir thurs providing everything goes well this weekend @ RRR. Have a wine tasting sat, but might come back Sun to sample the S course and the ahrma hospitality.

19. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Obviously I have little to no idea. I truly and sincerely hope you both attend.

My comment, and it's tone, stem from my frustration with two things: incessant snarky remarks whenever that other org is mentioned, and the haggis/hampster threadjacking that takes place here so often.

I find them both very tiresome.

20. charles

charles The Transporter

Now now, Chuck, think this through. It was you who made reference to "the other org" when we both know that it is AHRMA! Why not just call it AHRMA?

I see no reference in this thread to either our beloved Haggisses or Hampsters by either Brother Ken or me. True, true, our brand of humor may not appeal to some, but we offer it in good faith and in the spirit of free speech.

So you see all is good...tired we may be but never bend a knee.