1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR Race 11 wreck in turn 17

Discussion in 'General' started by beechkingd, Mar 22, 2010.

1. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Did anyone see what I did? I have a foggy memory of the back stepping out. I was on the blue F2. Sorry if it got red flagged.

2. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Kinda...

I was in second place behind Allen Edwards in the expert race when you crashed... from looking at where you were laying and the bike it definitely seemed like a high side. Hope you are ok...
    I had the video camera on but corner worker(s) and the red flag was out by the time I passed your crash...
    Ride safe,
    AAron

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Based on the marks I saw it was a pretty basic highside.

Now what I want to know is - was your wife really there at the track or were you really that concussed?

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

I came around and saw the aftermath, but that is about it. It was waving yellow when I went by and shortly thereafter went to red. You were real close to the track. It didn't look like it was any fun being you at that point. Hope all heals up well!

5. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

I saw ya holding your chest as I went by - how are you ?

6. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

And did you ever get your bike & gear... I kept hearing "If the team or crew for bike 937 could please come to tech and pick up bike" over the PA

7. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

I'll be ok in a month or two. I fractured two bones in my neck and one between my should blades. My wife was at the track in our camper with my son who was taking a nap. I was able to call her from the flashy box on the way to Danville to let her know what happened. Later that evening I was transferred to Roanoke and should be discharged torrow morning. A friend was able to get all my stuff back home. Thanks for all the help everyone!

8. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Damn, best wishes for your recovery.

9. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Damn, 2 bones in the neck! Thats nothing to take lightly. Get well soon.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Glad everything was handled and sorry about the broken stuff. Glad you listened to the medics and got the collar put back on and strapped down properly.

11. Slitherin

Slitherin Member

It may have ended as a High Side but I was behind you and it started out as a violent low side from what I saw. It very well could have flipped you up over the other way but I'm very glad you're ok so to speak. Parts were going every different direction but WERA was on the ball because before I was down the roller coaster the red flag was out. I hope you heal up quick. I'm just really glad it wasn't as bad as it looked from my perspective.

12. Slitherin

Slitherin Member

After thinking about it last night longer, what I think probably happened is what you said, the back stepped out. It looked like it started as a low side but what I probably saw was hard parts hitting with sparks and parts of your bike or chunks of pavement hitting my helmet. Then it probably hooked up and sent everything flying (wasn't watching by that point). Again, I'm just glad things were not worse.

13. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

you ran a 1:38.9 on your F2? Nice work. :)

14. Rx3

Rx3 1%

Speedy recovery man, heal up fast.