1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Rules for 2018 Bikes not points

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by kenessex, Oct 6, 2017.

1. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

I can argue both sides on this one:

There was a guy running a sportster this year in AHRMA, he wasnt in my class, but he was in the class that was usually gridded ahead of mine. (f750, which is basically v3....mind you, this is a bump up class for me.) Any time this happened, I had no problem getting around him on my little rd400. Sometimes it took a lap, but I always got around and once I was bye him, I never saw him again. Wasnt a bad rider either, he just gave up too much at midcorner and on the brakes to make back with the big motor. As I recall, there was some drama about the bike even being where it was. (maybe it was a 1200??)

on the other hand:
    Both v3 and v4 are basically dead. V3 on average had 2-3 bikes on the grid this year. (only 2 at the gnf) and V4 was basically just Harry. I understand kennessex already has a v4 bike, but there are only so many races you can run when theyre all lumped into 4 races. If the Harley drops to V3, then he wont be able to ride his v5 bike. Keeping the Harley in v4 would actually give him a bike to run in all 4 races!

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If we look at numbers all the classes are dead. Total of 60 Vintage entries at the GNF... I know the AHRMA race was too close to it at Barber but still, Vintage racing on the regional level is pretty much dead. No one wants to have to work on their own stuff other than a few of you out there :(

3. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

NO COMMENT.

Steven Isenhower #52

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Your ideas wouldn't do anything but get you the participation points you think you deserve... :crackup:

JBall and TLR67 like this.
  5. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

What i find amusing with you is when someoe dont agree you personally attack them.
    Like what you think about how i race or plan my yr means anything to me.
    It dont and at least i have actully lined up on the grid on a bike in vintage and Wera in last 20 yrs +.
    Yet vintage is getting lower numbers and you dont have a clue at to why?
    Yet V7 guys have told you why.
    I get it dude. You dont like me personally.
    Dont care and never will.
    But i do care about vintage.
    And lets see about participation trophys.
    NOLA region was just that and i said same thing then as now.
    Its not right on how points are counted.
    If Hammonds dont show up then V7 is empty this yr.
    How many showed up with chance at V7 titles at GNF?
    Then how many took grid?
    Its self explanatory right there.
    So save the attack on me and use that energy to help grow the vintage classes.
    You can tell me to my face what you think if me and we can both laugh.
    So lets be productive and positive and change this up to help grow vintage.
    You make rules. Not me.
    Have a great day.

Steven Isenhower #52

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Most of the work done on my stuff is by someone else these days, I don't have time to work on them. I still make the grid.

VFR#52 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Grow up. I am not attacking anyone. YOU are the one proposing an idea so that YOU have 120 points going into the GNF no matter what because YOU want to win National Championships and nothing else matters to YOU. Hence my responding directly to and about YOU.

What you're missing is there are no V7 guys. Well, okay, there are 7 who ran more than one V7HW event. 5 who ran more than 3. That has nothing remotely to do with the points going into the GNF. V7MW was 8 and 4.

You suggestion will not do a single thing to change that. It won't change anything for the other classes either. You want proof - look at AHRMA and VMD and the riders who show to the big events with no chance at a National Championship. The Championships do not matter to the vast majority of Vintage racers. They want to do a handful of big events and that's it.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are a few exceptions. But within such a small group of people those exceptions number in the single digits...

V5 Racer likes this.
  9. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

If it were me I'd drop all that filler vintage stuff. 3-7 bikes on the grid doesn't pay the bills.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sadly it is something we need to consider.

Bruce likes this.
  11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Well for the last 2 seasons I applaud WERA for hosting the V8 Class... Had lots of fun... Next year my TL's will be running full time in AHRMA and celebrating their 20th Anniversary... 20 Years of the Hump Bitches!!!!

12. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Bahhhhahhha.
    May want to read what i wrote.
    Lets see JT is only one on grid in his region for a few yrs in V7.
    I was only one in V7 in Nola region.
    Yet you say you dont sell points and its all about me.
    And you did attack me just like you have personally by saying what you said.
    And you say grow up. Nice.
    And you say look at other series.
    At GNF Norman was only one in V7MW in class.
    JT blew a motor and Lane was hurt.
    Now how many made a whole season?
    This so called Isenhower rule that would benifit me only wont help keep anyone racing but me? How so?
    Im sure others would like to race towards a national title too.
    Lol.
    Yet the V7 guys have all said they would welcome the change.
    Ive also offered other ideals like Shrads carb 600s you shot down.
    You claimed no F3s ran and you would be correct.
    Yet the reason no F3 ran was because Honda paid no money and Suzuki did and Kawi cut its contingency back big time in 98.
    But lets not let facts get in way of your ideal.
    Did you race then?
    Nope.
    Well i did and what money was available made a big difference on what bike i raced.
    Funny how all this only benifits me and only me.
    Still cant figure that one out.
    Now how about Nola?
    I need a place to buy points.
    And there i get then for showing up.
    Which i even told you was wrong.
    But hey guess im just trying to kill vintage with new ideals?
    Have a great day.

Steven Isenhower #52

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did I race then? No. Did I own a bike that raced? Yep. 98 and 99. The Hondas didn't race because they were slower. Money played a part but they were still slower when they did race unless FX level bikes. But hey, rewrite history if it makes you happy. I'll stick with reality...

14. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

News flash.
    SS rules apply to Vintage classes.
    And there are none on grid in V7.
    And if you really like i can dig up the contingency pay out for those yrs.
    But then again im one racing against these bike back then.
    You know its all about me dude.
    But hey what you are doing is working so well lets keep doing it.
    Funny how your ego just wont admit anything when you are wrong.
    But im just a paying customer who wants it easier for me to win races.
    I do still have all that info to if you really want me to prove who paid what?
    I am just trying to get more riders on grid.
    What are you trying to accomplish?
    Being right at all cost?
    So how do you plan to get more racers in vintage?
    Id like to hear your thoughts.
    Mine suck.
    So you must have a better ideal.

Steven Isenhower #52

15. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

And fill it with what? Serious question. I don't have a bike for those classes, don't plan to, but if track rental costs are the same no matter what, why would a business that's trying to stay afloat turn away customers? What other classes would you make up that the modern bikes could fill?

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Some people seem to think that if everything except for the serious bikes (you know, modern 600s and 1000s) were eliminated then everyone would "step up" to the real bikes and live happily every after.

17. Wheel Bearing

No...I don't believe that's a realistic idea at all. I race V8 because I'm cheap. If I'm cheap, I'm not gonna spend more money on a newer bike. I wouldn't mind spending double the entries, if you eliminated vintage and made every weekend a double header, but MOST racers, that's not in the budget. As we all know it's not the entries that really get you, it's the tires, extra fuel, etc that goes with it.

I am comfortable spending about $8-$10k-ish a year on this, combining everything. Tires, diesel, fuel, entries, etc. Spending $10k+ just for a bike? New liter bikes going for $15k? You can suck a fudgie out of my cornhole, because that shit ain't gonna happen. I'd walk away from it all and get heavy into dirt bike racing, get 5x as much seat time at half the cost.

TLR67 likes this.
  18. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I just wanted to comment in here to say I can
    Attest to his cheapness and I have signed up for his How to be a Jew 101 class..

That is all.

On the Vintage thing. I still have vintage bikes, I chose not to race them at present because I don't like having to work on them so much just to race them. That and I also like having more than one or two bikes to race against. Even if it's at the back.

I'd like to say what people keep saying about the Vintage bike just isn't true and that they can still be ran. But the numbers do not support it. I think CMRA has a good structure with their classes as it relates to the older bikes.

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. Wheel Bearing

So how many trips did you make to McDonald's to steal their ketchup packets so you could refill your ketchup bottle at home? Any less than 10 trips is rookie numbers

20. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I go to Chick Fil a and get the big packs. Cost me less in gas and I can do it in under 7. :D

Wheel Bearing likes this.