1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Compression App Question

Discussion in 'General' started by jp636, Dec 26, 2013.

1. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

So...

I have an 11 minute video of the lil' darlings opening gifts. The video, which is on my iPhone, is too big to send to my Dell computer so I tried to compress it on my video compression app. My compression app says the video is still too long to compress and I would have to cut around 25% out. But that would be 25% of the magic gone and I can't have that.

Anyone know of a solution for this?

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

How are you trying to "send it" to the PC? Email....FTP...iTunes.

Email won't do it. But FTP or syncing with iTunes should have no issue.

3. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

Downloading it directly onto my computer via cable.

4. Venom51

Then there is no way other than running out of disk space that it could be an issue.

5. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

I've had this problem before. When I hook up my iPhone to download pics and vids, if the vid is over ~ 5 minutes, it won't download on the computer. I've been using the compression app for a while, but this 11 minute video I guess is just too big to send (as opposed to receive on the computer).

And I have plenty of hard drive space on the computer.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Is there a bunch of fluff at the beginning or end. You could try clipping it off on the phone first to shorten it a bit.

7. Venom51

There should be no reason you can't get the original video off that phone.

Looks like a known issue. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2434344

Plenty of suggestions in that thread. It's a stupid problem for that device to have. Go Apple.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This one sounds simple enough.......

"Hi guys, I've been wondering about this too. It seems like iphone is not designed for recording 15min videos But I found a way to get the video off the phone.
    The photos and video files are stored in 'Backup' folder ("C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\ (for win xp)) just before iphone is sync'ed with itunes program. So, after you sync it, find the backup folder, try sorting the files according to size, and find the big files which should be the video files. Then copy them to your folder & rename them to .mov extension.
    I've done it just now and it works perfectly."

9. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

Wonder why Apple hasn't fixed this? Or wants to fix this?

10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Prob because they can fix it can sell a "New groundbreaking innovative" phone. Th Iphone video.

11. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

JP, keep that video around. I should be able to write something quick that'll let you transfer it.. I'm surprised there's not already something like that.

12. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

:up:

Will do

13. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

The dungeon's closed. You know you ain't got nuth'n better to do right now... :D