1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Velocity TV Show Premier, Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by CharlieY, Jan 21, 2015.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Café Racer TV is being replaced by "Naked Speed"....Fuller is co-host and having a premier at Sweetwater Brewery in ATL.

Looks like the Bostroms are still involved, as well as Rickey Gadsen.

Its tomorrow evening, Thursday Jan 22. Flyer attached.

Trailer here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2jF7BqjHBA

I don't know much about the show, but from the trailer, heck, that description could open it up to a NON-Vintage WERA racebike build....ya never know.

Attached Files:

2. yamahogg500

yamahogg500 Well-Known Member

Looks interesting. I think Fuller will keep it interesting. On a side note
    Charley, I was watching old episodes of cafe racer. The episode with
    fuller that ends with a ride at Barber. Is that you in the background ?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn, if I wasn't flying out Friday I'd come into town.

4. CharlieY

Dang, you got a good eye if you caught that "cameo" ;) ....yeah, I was in the golfcart, talking about one of the guys riding, his feet were so big he couldn't shift the thing!

It was fun. I rode the bike that day, but wasn't in any of the final footage.

This new show may be decent. It looks like "Build a fast bike and then ride it"....I do think that ties into us all here, Modern and Vintage.

It would be kinda cool to maybe get someone from WERA on the show.....Kesler....lets make Kesler a TV Star.:bow:

In all seriousness, all the work put into WERA racebikes, and the work WERA does to let us go fast should get some acknowledgement, IMO.

5. CharlieY

Flying with a hangover is a job requirement for you, aint it?....geesh, it ends at 9:30 dude...

6. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

Of course they would do that right after I leave for Ocala to do the 1/2 mile...

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha! But there is the beforehand stop at the Vortex and afterwards stop at the Flatiron that gets me in trouble!

8. CharlieY

Hard to believe I'm saying this cuz I've seen you drink, but......lightwiehgt. :Poke:

Just consider it a test of your flying hungover skills.....how far can you still push it and make the plane, ol man. :beer:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know exactly how far that is already. I have also been instructed by my flying companion that is never going to happen again :crackup: (that and no way I could be that drunk and make it home from ITP so that's out anyway) I'll definitely try and make it.

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I met Fuller 2 Years ago at the Triumph Dealers Event at Barber... Cool guy.. actually towed him around a couple laps... We joked about it before hand because he filmed that one Cafe Racer episode going backwards on parts of the track... He said he never got to make a real lap... I got his card.. Need to check out his shop Downtown sometime...

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Suggest to them that Chip build a race bike with Metalhead.

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I dont know...... I think the ratings might be higher if Metalhead was building one for Chip...:D

13. CharlieY

Yeah, I was coming out of my skin when they were riding the track backwards....my head almost exploded. :D

He is a really nice, approachable guy. Just start talking about bikes or cars and you are like best buds. :beer: These things are usually a good time, you should come on down.

We met, hmm, over 10-12 yrs ago.....He was all frantic and needed some EX500 parts (I know, right). He got my name and number from somewhere, called, and I told him to come take what he needed....I blew the EX up at Daytona and it was just sitting there....he got what he needed, finished the bike and made the show.

He sold the bike to George Barber, its in the museum now, still got my old carbs and stuff on it...he's like "Those carbs have run Daytona man!" ;)

He made the Indy MotoGP Trophies again last year. I think he's forgiven me for posting that pic on here with what would become MM's trophy hoisted over my head as a joke.:eek:

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I believe Buff Harsch (WERA Vintage racer) is involved in the production of this show.

15. CharlieY

HA!...I thought that too! :crackup:

Chip was one I had in mind when mentioning it earlier.

I'm wanting to see what the show is like before I say anything to him.....wanna see if these "builders" are relatively unknown, garage types, or more professional before I pitched anything.

The show could be total crap for all I know.

16. CharlieY

Really Joe?......neither has said anything. I usually do see Buff at these things, and he is "freelancing" now.....that would be great.

I do know the show went to Bonneville....don't know where else.