1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vegas round track facilities

Discussion in 'General' started by SaferMoto, Jan 18, 2011.

1. SaferMoto

SaferMoto Safermoto

Planning on the Vegas round but really dont want to haul the toy hauler all the way there and back. My butt is still hurting from the Gas bill getting to and from Fontana!!!! :D

Was thinking about just putting the bike in the truck and heading down with just a Easy Up and some tools.

What are the facilities like at the Track, showers ect?

Closest Hotels or is it better to "hit the strip" for a hotel for Saturday night? :up:

Thanks

Alan

2. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

Bring your hauler. There are no facilities at the track really. And why burn the money on a hotel when you have a hauler. Cheap hotels are still almost $100 a night. Anything much less and you won't want to stay there.

3. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I would not expect to have anything remain in the truck overnight anywhere not under direct guard.

If I leave stuff at the Vegas track Saturday nights, it's in an enclosed trailer, next to someone with a toyhauler who's agreed to watch over it.

I normally stay down on South Rainbow by the bottom loop 215, lots cheaper, and choices to eat at.

I seldom do a buffet. Usually eat breakfast at the Petro/Mobil gas station at the Speedway exit off I-15, and fill my gas jugs there (I run pump fuel).

4. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

I agree with bringing the hauler instead of hoteling it.

The value in being able to sleep in your pits versus locking stuff up and showing up in the morning to re-unpack and get ready.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What they all said.

6. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I wish I would have posted suggesting he stay at the "bunny ranch" now.

7. SaferMoto

SaferMoto Safermoto

Thanks for the advice. Will probably bring the toy hauler and just not bring all the extra crap i normally bring :)

8. SaferMoto

SaferMoto Safermoto

Are there any electrical hookups? I guess I got spoiled by Fontana *LOL*

9. 178SV

178SV now retired...

Yes, the ones on your generator.:D

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Alan, No electric that I've seen. I plan on bringing my toybox, so if you hotel it you can leave your stuff in my pits or I can put you up Saturday night. However if you snore, I'm putting you on a cot outside, I'll provide the cot. :)

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Odds are good the stuff won't matter, the wind has more of an effect on mileage than weight.

12. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

look into the tuscany suites just off the strip.....like 35 bucks a night and its nice....

13. SaferMoto

SaferMoto Safermoto

Rob,

thank you for the kind offer, we will probably end up bringing the toy hauler :up:

So when are you going to update http://www.tylerlinders.com/Home_Page.php website? :beer:

14. krod524

krod524 Well-Known Member

That Petro/Truck Stop place kicks ass. Good choice. :up:

15. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

No, it's not the Mobil Quickimart Coffee Shop your talking about though it's close
    It's called the Iron Skillet
    Note what they serve the food on
    Damn, I've eaten way too many breakfasts there.
    Fun hassling the little Latino waitress @ 6AM (before she's actually awake).
    It's become a tradition...

16. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

17. SaferMoto

SaferMoto Safermoto

We are going to bring the toy hauler, anyone know if there is a spot we can fill up the water tanks at the track? or near the track?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There's a faucet on the back side of the tower. Prolly need a good amount of hose to get rough people parked there.

19. SaferMoto

SaferMoto Safermoto

Thanks for the tip, I will scout it out when we get there tomorrow evening :up:

20. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

For those staying on Sunday night for flights on Monday or to drive out on Monday I found on Expedia.com rooms at Hooters on the strip for $20.11 plus tax.

Can't beat that price and better idea then falling asleep at the wheel if you have a long weekend